25. FINALE.

Zayn walked back to Kulsum's room with her soda in his hand. He stopped and wiped his face again just to make sure it doesn't look like he had been crying for the past thirty minutes, he washed his face before going to her room. He could tell that she didn't want to break down in front of him which was why he gave her time to herself.

Otherwise, it would've seemed weird for him to take thirty minutes getting one soda for her.

His brows furrowed when he saw the door to her room wide open, he wondered who left it like that.

That was, until he heard voices coming from the room. He walked faster and reached the room in no time. At first, he didn't understand what is going on. He didn't get why his mother is being held back by some nurses while some doctors hover his sister's body.

"Time of death, 4:33pm"

The soda in his hand dropped. He couldn't believe his ears. No, there has to be some sort of mistake.

The sound of his mother's loud wail is what snapped him back to reality. That is when everything dawned on his. He raised his head and with tear filled eyes, his gaze fell on the doctors that now turned to look at the two. He shook his head as he glared at the doctor, "What did you just say?" he asked.

The doctor shook his head, "I'm sorry Zayn"

Zayn shook his head again furiously as he muttered "You're lying under his breath". He walked towards his sister's lifeless body and stared at her body that lay there unmoving. He fell on his knees and held her hands in his, "Kulsum, I got your soda. Open your eyes please" he said quickly, his words coming out jumbled. He waited for her to open her eyes, for her to smile and tell him that it's a lie; that she's alive and will see him become a soldier. "Kulsum, open your eyes please. Tell me this is a lie please Kulsum" he sobbed as he shook her body slightly.

The doctor behind him placed his hand on his shoulder, "Zayn, she's gone" he said in the calmest and softest voice he could mutter but even he is shaken up by her death. He had worked with the girl for years before she was fired.

Zayn furiously shrugged the man's hand off his shoulder, "YOU'RE LYING!" He yelled as he turned and glared at the poor man. "What did you give her huh? Wake my sister up now!" he said amidst of his sobs. Hot tears stream down his face but he sniffed them back.

"Zayn I can't" The doctor shook his head. Being a man with a scalpel, he had probably seen more death than a soldier with a gun but no matter how many people have died in front of him, he could never get over it mentally. It's one of the downsides of being a doctor. But when a person who you know die right in front of your eyes, the experience is much more traumatizing. "Zayn you have to calm down" he tried to touch the eighteen-year old's shoulder but Zayn slapped his hand away.

"Stay away from me" he glared at the man before he turned back to Kulsum's body, "Kulsum wake up please" he pleaded whilst chocking up on his tears.

His mother sat on the floor as she sobbed more than she has ever in her life. She didn't know what hurts more. Losing a daughter or watching Zayn break down. She couldn't even comfort her son when she too needed comfort at the moment. She ducked her head as she clenched her eyes shut.

Sabrina stood by the door weeping silently. She wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Kulsum but the girl is still her sister. Plus, seeing the condition her mother and brother are in, it's impossible for her not to cry. She bit her lower lips as she used her palm to wipe away the tears that fell only for more to come rushing out. She looked up to blink the tears back but it's impossible for them to stop at the moment. She looked at her mother again and the sight actually broke her heart. Though she hated the woman at times, she's still her mother who tried to impress all her life because she believed that the woman loves Kulsum more.