3.

KULSUM'S POV

I felt so many emotions at the moment. One was prominent though, anger, but I reign it in.

He's weird. Absolutely and completely weird. He is nothing like the doctors I've met before whom all went straight to start with the therapy whenever we met.

Even as I sat opposite him in the hospital's cafeteria I waited for him to started. I waited for him to say anything therapy related while I kept the track of time on my mind. I have gone through the sessions so many times that I knew every step of it. There was one thing that was common in all of them though, the ending.

Dr. Aasim reached out his hand and took the mug of cappuccino he ordered after eating one of the potato chips in his mouth. He hasn't said a word to me except telling me to order whatever it is wanted. I didn't order anything though. I didn't trust him enough to order anything he's buying. I have money with me, I could buy it if I want but I don't plan on going down that lane.

As he found a table for two and sat, he didn't say anything letting me make the decision of sitting or standing, and I took the first. Standing gained me too many attentions that I don't plan on dealing with. Though I gain myself attention a lot, I prefer staying in the shadows.

We sat there quietly as he ate. The only sound coming is the sound of the crunchy chips as he ate them which I found sort of irritating but I didn't say a word. Though he looked like a nerd with the glasses, he seemed anything but. He is anything but, maybe.

"Staring is rude" he commented lifting his head up to look at me as I let my gaze rest on him alone.

Staring is rude? He stared at me earlier for minutes long yet I didn't say anything.

He raised a brow at my indifferent expression, "You're not much of a talker are you?" he asked the same question that pulled me in an abyss of memories I tried not to remember.

"You're not much of a talker, are you?" he asked staring at me with an amused expression on his face. He sounded much like he was stating a fact than asking a question.

I chuckled lowly moving my gaze away from him to look at my surroundings before looking back at him, "Not really. I just like to keep everything to myself most of the time" I replied as I started walking away from him, a small smile making its way on my face as I heard the sound of his footsteps catching up with mine.

He walked beside me as we made our way back to the building that had people roaming in and out of it, "And why may I ask is that? I presume it has something to do with why people think you're snobby?"

I shrugged lightly as my lips puckered slightly, "Do you think I'm snobby?" I asked instead of replying him. I looked up to look at him though we're of about the same height.

He looked back at me and then inhaled in more than necessary, "Well...I don't know what to think. But based on what I've seen so far I'd say you're not"

I didn't say anything but smiled slightly.

"How do you do it?" He asked seeing as I wasn't going to comment on his statement.

"How do I do what?" I asked with confusion lacing my tone.

He looked away as if trying to pick out the right words to explain himself, and when he finally found them, he said, "How do you deal with the way people talk about you? Even before I'd met you I've heard so many things about you, and quite unfortunately, it's not good things"

"Do you believe them?"

"Not really...but do you care what I believe?"

I shook my head, "No. And that's your answer"