"Do you want to talk?"

He nodded. It seemed like he really needed to.

"I care about her, Mila, and just because I still love her doesn't mean I'm desperate to go out with her again. Actually, I don't want to do it again. I'm happy with Joy. But I worry, Mila, I worry because I care about her... And I hate that this happened to her."

"You're not the only one who hates it."

"I know" he nodded sadly. "Ally is at a memorable stage in her life, Mila. Jamie makes her very happy, really very happy, and I love knowing that. I swear, we've talked a couple of times and I've never seen such a pure smile on her face, even when she was with me. It's almost magical" Troy said it with a melancholic joy, of those that can easily be played on a piano to create a delicious melody "... And I don't understand."

"What don't you understand?"

"Why does life attack people at their best in this way?"

Unable to avoid thinking of a particular painter, Camila asked herself the same question.

***

Milika got to them when the talk with the doctors was over. Her cheeks retained traces of dry tears, her eyes were red, and even the shadow of pain that had previously decorated her features could be seen.

"How's she doing?"

"She's awake" Milika gave them a smile of relief that only a mother could put on her face. "She has a few bruises, wounds and fractures, but she'll be fine. Jamie too. This has been nothing but a terrible fright."

Camila almost started crying right there because of the happiness she felt with the news. Troy, who had approached the group to listen to the little girl's mother, let out a sigh full of tranquility.

"We'll be able to get into the room soon. Jamie is there. Has a broken arm, but insisted on being next to Ally. Their love is real, and I didn't expect anything like that after all the Dinah dramas..."

"Okay, I may have overstepped a little, but it won't happen anymore. I felt bad remembering that our last talk before the accident was actually an argument."

Camila smiled slightly. Knowing that the drama between her sisters was about to end made her feel very relieved.

Milika left shortly afterwards to call Gordon, whose scream was heard over the loudspeaker.

"Maybe I was blind" Dinah reflected. She couldn't forgive herself for arguing with Ally over something as stupid as a boy. "Maybe I didn't think that if Jamie made her happy there had to be a reason."

"We talked a couple of times. Believe me, the love is pure for Ally" Troy cleared with a smile of no more than sincere. He just wanted the girl to be happy, even with someone else.

"I wonder how it will be. We haven't been able to introduce ourselves yet" Said the tattoo artist with some curiosity.

Now that her sister was out of danger, she was allowed to think about things like that.

"She's a lovely girl, believe me."

Troy's words echoed in the hallway, and the eyes of the three sisters turned to look at him. Two pairs with surprise, a couple with anger

Normani hit Troy's head, and maybe she did it too hard.

"They didn't know yet, you idiot."

***

"Why didn't you tell us, Ally?" Camila gently questioned her as she stroked the hair of her sister, who looked small and fragile on that hospital stretcher.