"I love you too, Lauren" Camila said with a smile that was just for Lauren. The painter's hand, always restless, traveled to her cheek to caress her "Did you think about me a lot? I did."

Although her intentions were to be seductive, unintentionally, a slight blush had appeared on her cheeks when she admitted it, so she hid her face around her girlfriend's neck to hide.

"I told you I counted every damn day, I think..." At first Camila didn't seem to get her message, but finally a mischievous smile appeared on her face "Oh, that. Yes, I thought about you a lot. Every day, when I could, in despair, and it never seemed to be enough."

And their talk would've continued outside that tattoo shop for the rest of the day if not for Clara, who, tired of waiting, decided to pull her head out the back window of her daughter's car.

"I know this is a romantic encounter and you're having fun, but I really need to be on time for my appointment. I'm tired of coughing... Besides, I don't want to keep handsome Dr. Brown waiting."

Lauren laughed at her mother's words and opened the copilot's door for her girlfriend to enter. Once in her place the painter took her hand, thus giving her a known warmth that she had really needed.

"I'm sorry my mother interrupted us, Camz. She's anxious to see the protagonist of all her sexual fantasies. Sometimes I think she got sick on purpose."

"Don't say that in front of Camila!" The woman exclaimed with great shame "What will she think of me now?"

"Don't worry, Mom. Camila will understand, even I do. If my birthday hadn't been declared International Gay Birthing Day, I'd have sexual fantasies about him, too."

***

It was a few minutes before arriving from the hospital that Camila received a call from Milika.

"Hello?" There was nervousness in her mother's voice behind the line. Something wasn't right.

"What is going on?"

And Camila was waiting with her heart in her hand for her mother to tell her that nothing bad was happening.

"Ally was in an accident. Jamie and she were in the car when a drunk skipped a signal" Camila could hear Milika sobbing out of control. She could feel the broken heart of a heartbroken mother.

"Are you all right? Ally is all right?" Camila was beginning to worry.

Her mother preferred not to give her an answer.

"Please, Mila. Come soon."

And the call ended with a worried mother and a sister who didn't know exactly what was going on.

Camila took a deep breath, seeking to undo the knot that had formed in her throat. Her vision began to become blurred.

When she turned her gaze, she discovered that Lauren was watching her with obvious concern in her eyes.

"Is something wrong, Camz?"

"Please, Lauren, drive fast."

***

Troy was already in the waiting room when Camila, Lauren, and her mother arrived. Dinah and Normani were also there. None seemed to have good news for her.

"How's Ally? And how about Jamie?" It was the first thing she managed to ask her sisters, who were wiping each other's tears.

"We don't know" Normani replied between sobs "Mom's been talking to doctors for a long time, but nobody wants to tell us anything."