Spend: Chapter 2

En başından başla

''Rain has a date and Master Brady has ordered me to make her look...hot!" said Teal as she busted into laughter.

I gave her a playful shove and said, "I would like a dress for a special outing today."

Jessica rolled her eyes once more before getting up and rustling through several dresses that hung on a rack and returned with two dresses in her hand.

''Short or long," said Jessica the seamstress as she held up two dresses both in the color of peach. One dress was thick and long with heavy skirts. The other dress was noticeable thinner and tad bit shorter.

''Short!'' said Teal.

''Nobody asked you!'' said Jessica as her wrinkles deepened in her dark brown skin and her greyish-black hair that was in a bun started to turn static. She wore a black and white uniform with black shoes. She was one of my Dads favorites and she was well taken care of as far I could see.

''Jessica, I am professional. Trust me,'' said Teal with a mischievous look on her face.

Jessica rolled her eyes and glanced in my direction as I watched the two bicker back and forth like two children in amusement. ''I'd say long and modest,'' said Jessica.

I looked back at teal who gave me a disapproving look and said ''I think I'll go with short," I said unconfidently.

Jessica placed the dress in my hand and hung the other dress back up neatly on the rack. She lifted both hands in the air and said, ''I give up." She walked out the room annoyed and defeated by the both of us. Teal and I both busted out into laughter after she left the room.

''That dress is going to get you married. I'll be outside if you need me,'' said Teal as she walked out the room slamming the door behind her.

I quickly slipped into the peach dress that stopped at my ankles. The skirts were thin but appropriate and the bodice was so tight, I could barely breath. The Low neckline made me feel a little uncomfortable, but it was a hot May day and many young women dressed in similar attire during the summer. I slipped on some shoes and walked over to the mirror and sighed at my appearance disapprovingly. I took out my hair tie and let my hair fall free and wild. Feeling a little more confident, I walked downstairs to the kitchen to meet Sam who was already waiting by the door.

He walked over towards my direction and kissed my hand and led me to the carriages. There were two men dressed in uniform that led carriage of five huge black horses. Sam opened the door and gestured for me to take a seat. He slid in after me and I shyly sat in the corner and the carriage rolled away. ''You could slide a little closer. I won't bite,'' said Sam. I nervously slid an inch closer to Sam and he smelled exquisite. Sam scooped me into his arms as if I already belonged to him and consoled me tightly. I was caught so off guard by the sudden gesture, I nearly forgot to breath. His hand caressed my arm and I had started to get goosebumps from his sensational touch and I daunted in the uncomfortable comfort of his arms.

''That's better. Told you I wouldn't bite," said Sam.

''Are you around from here?" I asked him.

''I'm from England. I came here to study medicen and decided to stay,'' he replied. Although, he was from England he did not have the accent to complement his culture.

''Where are we going?'' I asked

''It's a surprise but just know I am going to dazzle you, then I'm going to get you wet,'' he said.

I blushed at the thought of what he could possibly mean by the word wet. ''Wet in the water? Because I'm not that type of lady and if that's your motive...You can turn this carriage back around to the plantation," I said to him disappointingly as I broke out of his arms.