(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) duplicate of betrayl

Start from the beginning

"It's just the meeting" Athena sighed, "I... I have something I have to tell everyone and I don't know how"

"What's this?" He frowned,

"It's the information I've been given from Snape" Athena murmured.

"Snape?" Remus questioned before remembering the agreement that had been made between the death eater and Dumbledore, "oh... Snape"

"Yeah"

"What did he tell you?" Remus asked.

"That there's two imposters in the order" Athena admitted. Remus' eyes snapped up to meet hers in sudden worry.

"That can't be right"

"That's what I said initially but he was positive, Voldemort had information that could have only come directly from the order"

"Two?" Remus mumbled, "I can't even imagine that one of them would betray us, never mind two"

"I know" Athena nodded, "I don't want to think about it"

"But you have been haven't you?" Remus sat up, "you have been thinking about it?"

"Yes of course I have" Athena replied, "it's been stuck in my mind"

"Who do you—"

"I don't know and I don't want to question it" Athena shook her head, "it's awful Remus, I trust them all so much and I don't want to— I can't believe that any of them would relay information to Voldemort"

"But some of them have" Remus sighed, "I'm sure Dumbledore will figure it out"

"That's the thing" Athena murmured, "I don't want to figure it out, I have a feeling that we're not going to like the answer"

"Well no I don't want to find out people we've trusted are death eaters but it's better than everyone being in danger over this"

"I know" Athena nodded,

"Why didn't you tell me straight away?" Remus continued, "it's obviously been eating at you"

"Sorry" Athena looked back up to him, "I just didn't want to say it out loud... makes it true I suppose"

"It's alright" Remus smiled lightly as he pulled her closer to him.

"I have to figure out a way to give the information without giving away Snape" Athena added, "because Voldemort can't know he has an imposter too"

"Could Snape not just find out who they are?"

"I asked but apparently not" scoffed Athena,

"You'll just have to make it seem that you found this out on your own" Remus shrugged, "overheard something"

"Yeah that's what I was thinking" Athena nodded, "Remus, can we not make guesses towards who it is?"

"We have to at some point Rena, everyone is going to be. That's why this information is important, it'll open people's eyes and if the imposters even slightly slip up we'll have them"

"I know" Athena murmured,

"You know there's people in the order we don't really know, people we haven't met who do outside work for the order"

"Yeah but Voldemort knew information directly from the meetings"

"Maybe the information is passed on?" Remus suggested,

"Maybe" Athena sighed, not really believing this at all.

☽☽☽

The meeting was at Hogwarts that day. This was a good thing because it meant that nearly everyone would be there and Athena only wanted to tell this imposter story once.