(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) the break in

Start from the beginning

Athena had never been to the ministry, she was glad of this. She didn't know many people who didn't work at the ministry who had been there for good reason. The whole idea of this government who were doing nothing for the war also pissed her off quite a lot.

If the order didn't exist, Voldemort would have probably already won. Athena didn't know how the minister for magic could just sit back and pretend that this wasn't happening. Arrogance is all fine and dandy until it's affecting nearly everyone in the country. Athena knew for a fact that if someone has a problem with defending society, they should not be given the position of minster for magic. This was common sense.

Luckily, Athena had work on Monday. This had given her a perfect opportunity to take her mind off everything. She'd worked her way through three chocolate milkshakes during the day as she'd mastered how to make them perfectly and she meant perfectly.

Tuesday was a different story. Athena had spent the entire day going over everything that could possibly go wrong. This definitely didn't set her mind up well for the actual mission. She'd ended up deciding that a lot could go wrong. Someone could die for starters, she couldn't think much worse than that.

Dumbledore claimed that the worst thing that could happen was if Voldemort actually succeeded. If Voldemort got the prophecy he would be on equal grounds with the order and also would have an advantage towards winning this war which Athena didn't like the sound of.

However Athena still believed that she would rather Voldemort get the prophecy than for someone to die. The thing about Dumbledore was that he didn't really care about people. Considering that he was a head teacher, Athena considered this a problem. She simply added it to the list of reasons why she didn't like him.

Remus had been a lot more calm than Rena on Tuesday. She'd been wondering what they should take to meet everyone outside of the ministry entrance. Remus told her that she didn't need anything except her wand and although that was probably true, she still wanted to feel prepared which she definitely did not.

The only mission that she had been on was in Paris and although this had gone well enough, she presumed that this may be more stressful. Especially if Voldemort himself was going to be there. The last time that she'd seen Voldemort was when he'd tortured her and she really didn't want to relive this experience if she could help it.

The sun began to go down and Athena found her eyes transfixed to the clock. They had to wait until everyone left the ministry which usually happened at seven. Of course there might be some maintenance  people or cleaners hanging around but Athena supposed they could deal with that.

She found herself drumming her fingers over the kitchen counter, tapping her foot and generally being anxiously annoying. If the clock hadn't reached seven any sooner, Remus was probably going to lose his mind. However soon enough the time did come for them to take hands and turn into oblivion and darkness, reappearing in a London street by a telephone box.

They weren't the last ones there but they also weren't the first. James, Sirius and Kennedy stood waiting and trying not to look suspicious. Kennedy was smoking against a wall while James and Sirius were trying to have a loud conversation about the muggle sport football which was amusing as they barely knew anything about it.

Remus stiffened slightly seeing Kennedy smoke. He had been like this ever since his mother died. Hope had died of lung cancer that was mainly brought on from her habit of smoking. Since then Remus hadn't touched a cigarette once. Of course Kennedy wasn't to know this but Athena knew that watching the girl smoke wasn't easy for him.

However as the three noticed Remus and Athena's arrival, she stubbed out the cigarette under her foot and approached with a smile.

"Here we are" Kennedy grinned, "can you believe it, breaking into the ministry?"