Chapter 23

Riley's POV

Today is August 1 and Mac and I decided to take Mia shopping today. Mason has been locked up in prison and the babies are due in a month. Life is going pretty well. "Mia you ready to go?" I ask walking into her room. She nods and grabs the list of supplies off her desk. We have 2 stores to go to. The sports store and the office supplies store. "Where are we going first?" Mac asks. "Office supplies." Mia says. When we get there Mia let's me see her list.

History: 1 notebook, pens or pencils, and highlighters
Biology: 1 notebook, pens or pencils, highlighters, and colored pencils
Art: 1 notebook, pencils, good quality colored pencils, scissors
Health: 1 notebook, pens or pencils, highlighters, and gym clothes
English: 1 notebook, pens or pencil, and highlighters
Algebra: 1 notebook, pencils, highlighters, and a calculator
German: 1 notebook, pens and pencils, and highlighters

We head to the notebook section and Mia picks out 7 notebooks. We get her a pack of pens, pencils, highlighters, colored pencils, and good quality colored pencils. We get her a calculator and head to the sports store. She is required to have a size 4 soccer ball at least. We decided to get her a size 4 for now and wait until later on to buy a size 5 which is what the high schoolers use. We get her some cleats, shin guards and socks then head home. I let Mia help me pick out some stuff online that came today. She got a backpack and a planner.

 She got a backpack and a planner

After we get everything in her backpack I wanted to talk to her to see how she is feeling about it

After we get everything in her backpack I wanted to talk to her to see how she is feeling about it. "Hey Mia." I say. "Yes Rye rye?" She says. "I wanted to talk to you." "Okay." She says confused. "How are you feeling about this honestly?" I ask her. "Honestly I'm scared." She whispers. "Why are you scared?" I ask. "Because what if I show up and no one likes me. Or worse what if they hate me? I don't know how kids my age act cause I never had any friends." She says. "Mia. They are not going to hate you. You may struggle a little socially at first but you will find someone who likes you. I promise." "I guess your right. Just promise me when I'm having a bad day to talk to me about it before you punish me for acting up." She says. "I promise. I want you to be able to trust me and I want to be able to trust you." She smiles and we head to bed.

The next day Mia, Mac, and I decided to do something fun for the last day of summer break. We went to a beach not to far from our house. Mia loved playing in the water and I came out just to keep an eye on her. It wasn't hot but it wasn't cold. It was perfect temperature. Soon we decided to eat the lunch we packed which consisted of sandwiches and strawberries. We continued playing at the beach until sometime around 4 when we went to meet my mom. We had dinner with her then went home so Mia could lay down in hopes of falling asleep before midnight. Once we heard her stop rustling around we went to bed.

The next morning I got up early to make breakfast then I woke Mia up. We ate eggs for breakfast then Mia got ready for school. She wore a pair of Adidas shorts and a red t-shirt with some black Nike shoes and her hair in a high ponytail. Once she was ready we headed to school. After Mac and I dropped her off I looked at him. "I hope she likes it." I say. "She will." He says.