Chapter 3

Mac's POV

Ding dong. The doorbell rings right as I am about to tell Riley how I feel. "Hold that thought Mac. I'm gonna get the door but your telling me why you and Des broke up as soon as I get back." Riley goes and opens the door. "Who's ready for game night!" Bozer comes in with a backpack of board games and some beer. I totally forgot what day it was and that it was game night. "I know I am. Me and Mac were just talking about why him and Des broke up." Riley says. "Speaking of her where is she? You didn't kick her out did you Mac?" Boz says. "Um she got a job out of state. She was leaving today whether we broke up or not..." I say trying not to look too disappointed that Bozer interrupted me and Riley. "Well man you know I'm here if you wanna start a burn party. Anyway why'd you too break up?" Think of something Mac. "We decided that since I haven't been spending much time with her that the fuel for our relationship just isn't there anymore." Technically I'm not lying. The fuel for our relationship is gone and we mutually decided to break up. We also haven't been spending much time together on missions and stuff so I'm not lying. Bozer looks at me sympathetically but Riles is giving me a weird look. I brush it off and we start game night.

About half way through the door rings again. Jack appears at the door. "Sorry I just realized me and Riley never set a time for tomorrow." "That's fine come in its game night." I say hoping he'll stay for a bit. "Jack?!" Bozer walks up to him trying to act all tough but ends up hugging him and cries a bit. "Hey Boz how have you been?" Jack asks. "Man, I almost thought we'd never see you again. I take it as you found the guy." "Yea, dead, but we found him. Turns out he was sick of running and decided dying sounded better than spending life behind bars." We all decide to play a few more board games eventually we all got too tired and actually ended up crashing.

The next morning I wake up early. I look at the clock and it's 6:45. My mind all ready started racing so I decide to get up and get a shower. Once I get out I see Riley is still asleep on the couch and Boz and Jack are outside talking. I cover Riley with a blanket and close the blinds to let her sleep for a bit longer. I head outside and start talking to Jack and Bozer. "Hey man I didn't wanna leave without saying goodbye," Jack says hugging me, "also tell Riley to meet me at 4 for skeeball." "You got it." I say. After Jack leaves Bozer follows. I head back inside and decide to start "making breakfast" in other words I order breakfast from a near by cafe and go into the kitchen to get drinks and utensils out. Then I start hearing Riley wake up. Part of me really hopes she believes me about why me and Desi broke up.