Chapter 22

Mac's POV

Riley cried for an hour before falling asleep. I decided to stay up as it was already 6 in the morning. I walked to the kitchen to attempt to make breakfast. After an hour I successfully made pancakes from a powder. Mia came out of her room and asked me if Riley was still asleep. How do I tell her that she isn't gonna be an aunt anymore? "Yea...... Mia I need to tell you something. You might wanna sit down." She looks at me concerned and I sit next to her. Riley had a miscarriage this morning. She lost the twins." Mia looks at me in disbelief thinking I was lying to her. After a minute it hits her. She starts to cry. "Is she okay?" She asks referring to Riley. "Physically yes. Mentally..... I don't know. What she is going through is something extremely mentally damaging. Hopefully she can recover from it." I say trying to answer Mia's question best I can. Mia nods and just continues to cry for a few minutes. After she stopped crying we ate pancakes and I tried cheering her up best I could. It seemed to work a little. We had an interview for the school Mia is going to soon so I had her go get ready and I go in to wake Riley up. When I walk in she isn't in bed. I walk over to the bathroom door and I knock. "Riles." No response. I try turning the nob and it's locked. I knock again. "Riley!" No response again. I pick the lock with a paper clip on the nightstand. I walk in and the sight horrified me. Riley was laying unconscious on the floor. I check her pulse and it is extremely slow. I call an ambulance and try to figure out what happened. I look around then I notice there is a deep scratch in her leg. I look around for what she could have scratched herself with while keeping track of her pulse. I wrap the scratch to keep her from bleeding out. There is nothing in the bathroom that has her blood on it. I walk in the bedroom thinking it might be in there. Suddenly I feel and arm around my neck. I kick the person who grabbed me and turn to see Mason in pain. "Mason what did you do to Riley!" I ask. "What can I say? I'm a great spy." "You told Riley's dad about the twins didn't you!" I say. "Maybe. Now if you'll excuse me I need to deliver some new info to my client." He says. "Over my dead body!" I say. I punch him and he fights back. Eventually I knock him out and the ambulance arrives.

When we get to the hospital they take Riley into emergency surgery. After 3 hours they let me see her. "Mac!" She says happy to see me. "Riles." I say hugging her gently. "Mac, there's good news in this all." She says. I look at her a little confused she smiles at me. "The bloodstain on the bed. It wasn't what we thought. The blood was coming from the cut you found on the back of my leg. When I was sleeping I must have moved and gotten blood on the bed. The twins are fine." She says tearing up a little. I smile a little and just kiss her. "We are still gonna be parents Mac." She says smiling. After a few tests were run on her we got to go home and Riley was told to take it easy for a bit. By the time we got home it was noon. Riley's mom, who was watching Mia while we were gone, was relieved to see her daughter walking in the door with little help. "Riley. Thank goodness your okay." She says hugging Riley. "I'm sorry you lost the twins Rye rye." Mia says. "Actually. The blood we thought was a miscarriage was from the cut on my leg." Riley says. Mia looks up and smiles. "So I'm still gonna be an aunt?" Riley nods and Mia hugs her.

Mia's interview was at 3 so we got ready, had lunch and headed to the school. It was amazing. They had 3 buildings. The first building had all the offices. Counsellor, principle, nurse, guidance etc... The second building had Language classes, English classes, History classes, and Arts classes. The third building had a few math, health and science classes in one half and the other half was an indoor soccer field and a gym with workout equipment. Walking between buildings there was a courtyard and 3 sides of it was the three buildings. The other side was a soccer field. We walk into the first building and meet Mrs. Parsons. She talked to Mia about the programs and classes they had here. After asking Mia about herself she talks to us about Mia's schedule. She is taking all Honors for her 5th grade year.

Monday and Friday
7:55-9:30 1st Period: Honors English
9:30-11:00 2nd Period: Honors History
11:00-12:00 Soccer training
12:00-1:00 Lunch
1:00-2:55 3rd period: Honors German

Tuesday and Thursday
8:00-9:45 1st period: Honors Biology
9:45-10:10 Physical trainer care period
10:10-11:30 Soccer training.
11:30-12:30 2nd period: Honors Art
12:30-1:00 Lunch
1:00-2:10 3rd period: Honors Algebra
2:10-3:00 4th period: Honors health

Wednesday
8:00-9:30 Clubs
9:30-11:30 Soccer training
11:30-12:00 Study hall/Counselling period
12:00-1:00 Lunch

"Everyday after school is dismissed most of our soccer teams will have an hour of practice. Tryouts are the first day. During the training period they will be analysed and put on the right teams. Going off of your daughter's videos of her playing I think she has high potential of playing with the middle school team. Each class has there own team but the middle school is a combined team that I think she would do well on." Mrs. Parsons tells us. "Actually we aren't her parents. I'm her sister and this is my fiancé." Riley says. "Oh I'm so sorry. Um anyway first day is August 3. We start early but we also end early. We have our last day on May 10." Mrs. Parsons says. After everything with the school was done we headed home. Mia is officially enrolled at Los Angeles Athletics. Home of the Bears.