(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) on a boat

Zacznij od początku

The marauders came around a lot to help. Athena had never been more grateful for their generosity, she could only cope with so much grief. Hope hadn't even passed yet but it felt as though she had. Maybe this was just because of the inevitability that it was going to happen.

Athena found herself visiting Dominique after work one day. Remus was at the hospital and she'd decided not to go. Remus didn't need her there constantly, she was there for him enough already.

She was originally planning on seeing her sister but doing this on a weekday was never a brilliant plan since she always seemed preoccupied. Therefore she'd changed her mind and decided to see her sister in law instead. Athena didn't see loads of Dominique outside of the order as she spent a lot of her time in Romania working with Dragons.

When Dominique was in England, she lived by the sea. Athena had always loved seaside towns but she never personally wanted to live in one. It was always a lot colder by the sea with the iced winds. There was also a lot more birds (usually seagulls) and Athena wasn't a huge fan of birds (except owls).

The dragon tamer lived in a boat that was docked to a harbour. It was small and painted red and white, the sails were down but still blew slightly in the afternoon breeze.

It was very different from her personality yet suited her perfectly at the same time. Athena knocked loudly on the door hoping that she was in. She had no idea how Dominique actually lived in one of these things, she could see it moving in the water and this on its own already made her feel sickly.

The door opened and Dominique was standing there. Her hair had been tied up so messily that pieces still fell all over the place, she was dressed in a large jumper that looked like something Remus would wear and some corduroy dungarees.

"Rena!" She grinned upon seeing the girl. "Come in! I didn't expect you"

"Yeah sorry I didn't let you know I was coming" Athena smiled as she stepped into the boat, "last minute decision"

"Yeah I make a lot of those" Dominique nodded, "do you want a drink, I think I have tea... or brandy"

"I'll have a tea please" Athena replied. The inside of the boat wasn't very big. There was a mattress on the floor doused in blankets, a small kitchen and some sofas.

Athena sat herself down on one of these sofas, she didn't sink into it and it felt more like sitting on wood than cushion. Athena could see why Dominique preferred life in Romania. She wondered whether her sister and Dominique would ever get a house together, she knew Aurora would never be caught dead living in this boat.

"How are things?" Dominique asked, "I heard about Hope, Remus must be in a state"

"Yeah he's not good" Athena sighed, "I guess that's as much as anyone can expect, he doesn't want to admit that she is going to die"

"That's very common" Dominique nodded, "it's easier to deny the truth when you know it's going to hurt you"

"He doesn't talk about it" Athena continued, "he visits her everyday pretty much but when he's at home he won't mention it"

"Give him time, It'll be hard for a bit... it always is"

"I don't know what to say to him" Athena added, "I'm trying to be there but I never know the right words, you know?"

"Yeah" Dominique nodded as she poured some hot water into two mugs, "I had a friend once, his mother died when he was only fourteen"

"That's awful"

"At the time I didn't know what to say, it wasn't that I was being unsympathetic it's just difficult to put sympathy into words knowing that they aren't going to change anything".