(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) new found power

Start from the beginning

"What the—" Remus began,

Athena pushed her hands out and watched in amazement as the light surged through her veins. The light burst out back into the air and hit Remus in his stomach.

Remus crumpled to the floor immediately, completely asleep.

Athena gasped in amazement before she grabbed her wand from her bedside table and pointed it at the boys temple,
"Renervate" she mumbled. Remus opened his eyes and blinked a few times before the memories came back to him.

He rubbed the back of his head gingerly before getting to his feet,

"What does this mean?" Remus asked, "you can use people's magic against them? Spells don't affect you?"

"Spells would affect me if I wasn't prepared" Athena explained, "I had to concentrate there to do that"

"Athena... I don't even think Dumbledore can do shit like that" Remus sighed,

"It's great isn't it?" She beamed, "it feels.... it feels powerful"

"It's concerning" Remus frowned, "it's, well is very impressive I can't deny that but... well you don't really know what you're doing, do you?"

"Intuition Remus" Athena rolled her eyes. She'd been filled with high spirits that her experiment had actually worked the way she'd hoped, "come outside I want to try again"

"This isn't going to end well" Remus pointed out as she raced down the stairs like an excited child.

"We need to see Dumbledore" Athena continued, "he should know about this"

"Maybe he already knows" Remus grunted, "if he did he probably wouldn't tell us"

Athena was glad that Remus was sharing her rather sour opinions towards the headmaster. This had been ever since Mary had revealed herself as a death eater, Dumbledore definitely knew for longer than he had let on.

The outside air was extremely warm. Athena was simply dressed in a tank and shorts, relishing in how the sun felt against her skin. She was more bronzed from the summer days that her and Remus had spent outside. A lot of this had been on the hills, Athena's favourite location.

"Right" Athena turned around happily, curls whipping around not quite following her speed.

"What do you want me to hit you with?" Remus asked as Athena placed her wand down on the patio table.

"Incendio" Athena grinned causing Remus' skin to grown cold,

"Definitely not"

"I'll be ready" Athena smiled in encouragement,

"Yeah but I won't be if you throw it back at me" Remus pointed out.

"I'm not going to throw it back at you" she continued,

Remus ran his hand through his hair in a timid movement as he looked at her. Finally he let out an exasperated sigh knowing that she wasn't going to give up here.

"Incendio!" Remus called. Fire burst from his wand and hit her again in the chest. Remus lowered his wand in surprise as she began to glow, just as she had done when he had found her at Rosemary cottage.

Her eyes turned a milky white, her skin shining but not just because of the sunlight. The fire wrapped around her, snaking her arms and legs. She closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them the white had been replaced by the flash of fire.

She could feel it, see the fire around her. It wasn't inside her this time like the spell had been. They decorated her like silk, the flames were hers now as though she had cast them. They'd do whatever she wanted them to