(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) welcome to paris

Start from the beginning

Athena wasn't sure when or how the others were getting there but she did have the location of James' apartment written down on a small piece of paper that she was carrying around tight in her hand as though it were of the upmost importance.

"Right we better go then" Athena sighed. Remus nodded in agreement as he got to his feet still mulling over the crossword which had two incorrect answers filled in.

Athena was about to correct his error but she thought it best not. She paced into the living room where the large impressive fire place was standing waiting, after taking a deep breath she stepped into it and took a handful of floo powder like she always did. However Athena was already aware that this wasn't going to be as simple as usual.

"47 park avenue" Athena called as the fire swirled around her. She saw Remus shooting her one last encouraging smile before she plummeted down into nothing. Her eyes were slammed shut as she spun uncontrollably only being able to cling onto the top of her bag.

It felt like an amplified version of the usual experience. Her head was spinning and she thought it might never stop as flashes of light and sound hit her senses.

Finally her feet hit the floor and she toppled forwards simply praying that she'd got the right place.

"Awful isn't it" a voice called from above her. She squinted up out of her now timid eyes to see James beaming at her with his hand outstretched.

"Right place then" she murmured, taking his hand and pulling herself up to shaking legs.

"This is the humble Parisian abode of myself" he nodded proudly,

"Well it's your parents" Athena pointed out.

"Fuck sake" a loud curse came from behind the two of them. Athena turned to see Remus stumbling out of the fire place clutching his head. He hit his shin against a large coffee table and fell dramatically onto one of the leather sofas face down.

"I think we should just leave him there" Athena whispered, "for a bit at least"

James nodded in silent agreement before he ushered Athena over to the next room.

The apartment was pretty much open plan, the living room was connected by a large open space in the wall, no door. After walking out of that room Athena found herself in the dining room and kitchen area. The first thing she noted with his apartment was how clean it was. There were expensive looking sculptures and vases dotted artistically around and large paintings hung on the wall every so often.

All of the walls were white and every surface was shining. The kitchen was tiled and was the only part of the house that didn't look like an art museum. The cupboards were a light wood and the tiles were black and white.

The main three rooms of the house were connected and you could walk between them in a circle that never ended. The final large room was the entrance with a few big mirrors and a door that Athena presumed was the way in when not using floo powder.

"It's very nice" Athena told James who nodded in agreement,

"There's three rooms which is perfect" he continued, "only one main bathroom and one en-suite but I'm sure we'll live"

"Probably" Athena nodded.

"Since you two are here last you get the smallest room" James continued, "but it's actually really nice, it's one of the ones with a balcony and you can see a small portion of the Eiffel Tower"

"You can see the Eiffel Tower?" Athena gasped,

"A portion" he nodded. Athena peeked into the living room to see Remus still lying face down on the sofa. She laughed at his dramatics before following James.