(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟗) getting her back

Start from the beginning

"It's alright" Sirius shrugged, "me and Kennedy were... well dating but I'm not sure that's a great word for it"

"They were fuck—" Athena began before Sirius placed his hand quickly over her mouth,

"You've lost your filter Rena" Sirius snorted.

"Hang on" James yawned loudly, "you and Kenny?"

"Yep" Sirius nodded, popping the p.

"For how long?" Marlene asked,

"Since December last year" Sirius shrugged, "honestly it isn't a big deal"

"It's over now though, right?" Lily asked looking warily at Athena, I mean after all that's happened.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about" Athena smiled,

"Thought you were just here because you miss me" James pouted sarcastically.

"Multitasking" Athena nodded, "anyway, Kennedy didn't have a choice in taking me to the death eaters, if she hadn't they would have killed her and although I'm sure you have your opinions on her, I have no negative feelings towards her and I don't blame her for what happened to me"

"Ok" Dorcas nodded slowly, "but she's still a death eater, right?"

"No" Athena shook her head, "yes she has the mark but that's only because they tortured her until she joined, apart from that she has barely any involvement".

"She was told to kill me in sixth year" Sirius brought up, "but she didn't because Kennedy isn't a killer"

Hearing the word killer made James tense up slightly until Lily entwined her fingers with his.

"She is as much of a death eater as any of us" Athena continued, "she doesn't want to be there and... well I want to help her"

"What are you suggesting?" Marlene asked.

"I want to find her and bring her with us, she'll be protected of course... that's why I was asking whether Sirius would want her to move in with him"

"If we find her I can keep her safe" Sirius nodded.

"You know Kenny, even if she's violent sometimes and loves to threaten people creatively, it doesn't make her a bad person it makes her... her"

"That didn't make complete sense but I get you" Dorcas nodded, "so you're suggesting a rescue mission"

"Yes" Athena nodded,

"Rena you've just got back" James sighed,

"Don't give me that, I've already had it from these two" she pointed to Sirius who grinned and Remus who was still leaning by the door not looking impressed by the conversation. Athena knew he still wasn't keen with this idea but frankly she didn't care.

"Right so we're not going to be able to stop you from going?" Marlene asked,

"Nope" Athena shook her head, "I'm going and that's final"

Remus sighed loudly before he walked out of the room. Athena blinked a few times at the space where he had been standing before she turned back to the group. So much for him helping.

"So where is she?" Dorcas asked,

"Well we don't know" Sirius began,

"Well that's a great start" James laughed, "you don't even know where she is"

"No but I know who will" Athena continued,

"Who?" Lily asked,

"Regulus" both Sirius and Athena spoke at the same time.