(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐) dacre sinistra

Start from the beginning

In her spare time (which was now all the time) Athena would lie back and sing lightly to herself while wrapping her hand around her golden locket. Remus' heartbeat calmed her, it was keeping her going just thinking of him.

He would know that she was missing, he would be one of the first people that Aurora told. Athena knew he would be worried about her, she could tell by the rather fast paced heart beat. He would be doing everything he could to get to her. She wished he would hurry up.

Another few days past. Athena realised that it must be a Saturday by now. Maybe she would have gone out somewhere nice. Got dressed up and laughed with her friends. She wondered what they were doing now.

Kennedy was out on Saturday. The house elves brought her meals instead, the poor things looked dreadfully hurt and had obviously been forbidden to talk to her. Athena wanted to help them but she knew there was no way of doing this from where she was.

Athena wondered whether Kennedy had seen Sirius. She wondered whether she was lying about knowing where Athena was. On Sunday Athena asked her where she had been, the girl didn't reply. Athena felt as though she barely even knew her anymore.

This betrayal hurt because she had known of Kennedy's position as a death eater yet she had still assumed that Kennedy would never do anything like this. Now looking back she shouldn't have been so naive. Kennedy didn't have a choice over her actions, Athena should have realised this.

On Monday the steel door opened and Kennedy came walking in faster than usual. She placed the bowl of porridge on the floor and glanced at Athena who was lying flat on her bed with a stern expression.

"Did you sleep?"

"Why do you care?"

Kennedy didn't answer.

She turned and walked back towards the door but lingered as though she wanted to say something.

"Is he coming?" Athena asked,

"No" Kennedy shook her head, "no he's still in France"

"What is it then?"

"Your uncles here" Kennedy replied, "he wants to see you"

"Let him" Athena stood up her legs shaking as she tried to see confident, "let him see me then"

"Athena—"

"I presume you wouldn't be able to stop him even if you tried" Athena continued,

"No I couldn't" Kennedy muttered, "I just wanted to prepare you"

A large bang caused Kennedy to jump violently as she turned her head and looked up the stone stairs.

Footsteps approached and Kennedy backed towards the side wall of the room, lowering her head quietly as she kept her eyes fixed on the doorway.

Athena looked up, not backing away or acting scared. She wasn't going to make herself look weak. Not now.

Then he appeared. Standing tall in the entrance of the steel door. Somehow he was exactly how she had imagined.

He was tall, lanky even. He had to stoop as he walked into the room. He wore black robes that Athena presumed were death eater uniform.