(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟒) you're the reason i'm here

Start from the beginning

She would blame you

You should have known it was important.

She sat letting the cold water freeze her for another ten minutes until she didn't even mind the cold anymore. After that she dried herself off with a spell rather than a towel and collapsed onto her bed, pulling a blanket around her.

Don't go to sleep

Don't go to sleep

They went around like a carousel in her mind, getting louder and then quieter again before they screamed in her brain like some wicked curse. Athena knew that nothing bad would happen if she slept and that it would be worse if she stayed awake however the voices worked as an alarm clock, always keeping her awake.

Eventually she couldn't even force herself to stay awake anymore, her eyes fluttered closed and she felt herself drifting away. Her dreams were worse than her waking thoughts filled with pain and death. Not only did she see the lifeless figure of her aunt but also of her friends, her sister and Remus. It was all her fault, that's what they were telling her. Over and over again until she couldn't take I anymore.

The everything went dark, maybe the voices had done her a favour and ended it. Athena started to come back to her senses, she was alive and lying in her bed. However something felt different. When she'd collapsed it had been towards the end of the bed under a blanket. Now she was under her covers with her head against a soft pillow.

Athena opened her eyes slightly and felt someone moving their hand over her hair. It felt nice but Athena had been very specific that she didn't want to see anyone. She'd told her sister not to unlock her door yet here she was. Rena sat up angrily and turned ready to argue with Aurora when her eyes landed on someone different entirely.

"Remus" Athena murmured, "what are you doing here?"

His eyes were full of worry as he sat next to her, his hand still on her shoulder providing some small sense of comfort.

"Aurora told me she was worried... said that you didn't want to see anyone"

"So why are you here?"

"You can't shut yourself away from everyone Rena" Remus sighed, "we all want to help you"

"I don't need help"

"Athena no offence but you look shit" Remus muttered, "you obviously haven't been sleeping probably... or eating, you're thinner"

"This isn't helping" Athena retorted,

"I know you're blaming yourself"

He's going to tell you that it wasn't your fault

Don't listen to him

"It was my fault, I saw the vision and I knew that it was important but I waited anyway"

"That doesn't make it your fault"

"How?" Athena muttered.

"Have I have told you the glass analogy?"

"You say a lot of shit like this and none of it ever—"

"Just listen ok?" Remus smiled sadly. Athena just shrugged as she turned to him, pulling the covers more tightly around her.

"Say we're sitting here like this and I have a glass, suddenly I decide to drop the glass and it smashes all over the floor. You were next to me and there was a chance that you could have caught it but you had no way of knowing that I was going to drop the glass. Who's fault is it that the glass broke"