{Chapter Eleven}

_____

_____

"Heaven help ya the girl likes to fight/ Afraid of nothing but she carries a knife
She said/ I'm not your puchin' bag"
- Punchin' Bag (Cage the Elephant)

_____

A DRAMATIC ENTRANCE FOR THE WIN

THE ONLY REASON any of the demigods would be able to defeat Polyphemus is because Odysseus had stabbed him in his eyes all those years ago, and now the Cyclops' vision was pretty much non-existent. It's what helped the kids flank the Cyclopes without being caught. When they were all in position Percy started the distraction by yelling insults at the monster.

"Hey Ugly!"

The Giant stopped his swinging of Annabeth and snapped towards Percy.

"Another one? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you"

Arya held out her spear in an offensive position, slowly stalking up to the Cyclopes, ready to attack his calves in hope there was some sort of Achilles' tendon equivalent that she could slash to prevent Polyphemus from moving.

"You are nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool! I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again."

This was the last straw for the monster as he let out a rather loud roar.

Forgetting about Annabeth, Polyphemus let go of the twelve year old and Arya watched as the girl fell towards the ground. To Arya, it felt like slow motion, and the daughter of Poseidon briefly forgot her plan to slice up the cyclopes and attempted to dive towards the blonde headed girl to save her from further injury. But it was useless, she wasn't fast enough and the daughter of Athena fell head first onto a pile of rocks, where she lay motionless from impact. Arya feared that if Annabeth had been human, the impact would have killed her.

Polyphemus went barreling towards Percy and then when Grover attempted to hit him with a sheep bone, yelling that it was 'For Pan', the battle had begun. As the Cyclopes got closer to Percy, Clarisse stuck her spear on the ground with the blade end towards the sky so it would be stepped on, which happened, and the cyclopes screamed in pain.

Arya took the time to make it over to Annabeth and check the girls vitals, to make sure that she was still alive, she was, but barley. They needed something quick to heal her, or she would die before they got back to camp.