A True Friendship P.1

Start from the beginning

Tomorrow couldn't come any quicker

------------------------------

Kyoka turned off her phone and she was completely shocked. She wasn't actually expecting him to agree to go hang-out. Hell, she wasn't even expecting him to text her at all. She took one shaky deep breath and got out of her bed and made her way down stairs to eat dinner.

She made it down stairs and her parents were down stairs sitting at the table. She sat down on an empty seat with the food in front of her. It was Udon Ramen with Taro fritters as a side. 

"So, Kyoka how was your exam. we were worried when you didn't pick up the phone." Her mother Mika asked as Kyoka was eating her Udon. She slurped up the udon she had in her mouth before see spoke.

"Well, I think I did good, I was really hurt after though. Oh and my phone was dead." She responded as she put the chop sticks into her bowl grabbing more Udon to shove in her mouth. 

The table was filled with an awkward silence as the family ate their dinner. "Ok... who is he." Mika asked and Kyoka almost spitting out the Udon she had in her mouth almost choked on it at the same time. "W-w-what are you t-talking a-about?" Kyoka asked with a red face. Her mother was someone who can easily read someone, especially her daughter and husband. Plus it doesn't help when her quirk can literally hear through walls.

"Don't pretend, You were texting on the phone. You never text anyone besides me or your father." Mika said and Kyoka sighed in defeat as her mother dangled her jacks in the air. "I hear everything you know." She continued to teased and Kyoka buried her face in her hands. 

"H-he, um.... he s-saved me during the e-exams." Kyoka said still having her face buried into her hands. Mika was about to open her mouth to say something else but before a peep can even be made Kyoka interrupted her. "H-he is j-just a friend ok. I doubt he would like.... this." Kyoka said referring to her body which was a petite figure. Mika notices Kyoka's look and she know she feels uncomfortable at the moment. 

Mika and Kyoka's father, Kyotoku, were happy that she was able to get a friend after a few years of being socially inept. They know how they're daughter thinks and that Kyoka gets uncomfortable easily around the subject of social interaction. They don't really push her much about it and they always wanted her to have a happy life and be social. Kyoka is just a difficult person to help become social.

Kyoka looked down at her Udon now embarrassed and uncomfortable, loosing her sense of appetite. She got up from her seat. "Thanks for meal mom and dad, but I'm going to go to sleep." Kyoka said making her way to the stairs. She walked up the stairs and Mika sighed knowing she did something wrong.

It took Kyotoku all he had to hold in the fact that the first person that she talked to that wasn't her parents for more than three years was a boy. "Its okay Mika, you know how she is." Kyotoku said kissing his wife's cheek. "I know, but its so hard to tease her about anything. I hope this boy will help her break her shell." Mika said and Kyotoku nodded.

Kyoka was up in her room on her bed, arms wrapped around legs again. She looked a her phone and cringed a bit. She didn't know what she just did back there but none the less she gave a small smile. she had no idea why, but she was a bit. She went under her covers with only a single thought a mind.

Tomorrow couldn't come any faster.

--------------------------------