"woah you two are perfect together even since day one—" jeno's words got cut off by a playful slap by jaemin, signalling him that donghyuck is still talking.

"not really," donghyuck sinked down on his seat, "when i told him i like him... he told me he doesn't like 'gays'... and then after that i didn't really get to say a proper goodbye to him because me and my family moved." he finished, making quotation marks on the air using his fingers.

the night after the younger's confession to mark, donghyuck's parents are already planning on moving, so donghyuck thought that maybe that's the right time to tell mark about his feelings.

both mark and donghyuck's parents are actually very close, so the morning they told the lee family about their leave but donghyuck's here is too stubborn to say goodbye. that's actually one of the reasons why mark lost contact with donghyuck.

renjun then stopped whatever he's doing and looked at donghyuck with wide eyes, "woah—he doesn't like what? that's so homophobic—"

"no wait," jaemin interrupted, "donghyuck how old were you guys back then?"

"um... fifteen?" donghyuck replied.

"how's his relationship with his parents?" the younger continues to ask, "with his mom? his dad?"

donghyuck paused for a second to think, "with his mom... his mom is very supportive towards him and well his dad..." donghyuck looked around the diner, thinking again, "his dad, not really and he also wants him to... like girls...?"

the last sentence came out to be a question but it's actually true. his dad is very strict to mark and even about his studies. he always wants mark to be at the top of everything, he will do everything to make his son, mark, 'perfect' and that includes him liking girls.

which donghyuck don't get mark's dad's point, why would he force his son to like someone that he's not even destined to be to? how about the world giving them their soulmates?

"that's it." jaemin threw his hands on the air and leaned back on his chair, "without his dad commanding him to do this do that, like this type of person and not that, you two would be perfect since day one."

jaemin paused for a second, detaching his back from the seat, "you may never know that mark actually likes you back when you guys are still kids but his dad is just stopping him from telling his feelings to you, you just let everything pass by without communication that's why you two are like this."

his two soulmates looks at him with wide eyes and open mouth, his words aren't even that deep but for jeno and renjun it felt like it came from the deepest part of his heart.

"wait..." donghyuck said, trailing his words, "how do you know? i mean how can you tell if it's his dad's fault?"

he raised his brows while crossing his arms, "i suppose you don't remember that time when you got drunk and i drove you back on your house, and well i met mark and for someone who 'don't like gays' he looks like he's about to kill me when he saw me carrying you. oh please, i wish you can you see the worry in his eyes." he finished, shaking his head.

jaemin then continues, again, "he likes you donghyuck, he just couldn't tell it to you back then because, reasons number one; you two are still young back then and confused and two, you guys are lacking of communication."

donghyuck felt speechless after hearing jaemin's words, it felt like he got scolded by his mother, "so... am i the problem?" he said, pointing at his chest.

jaemin raised his hands in surrender, shaking his head, "you didn't hear that from me."

but of course, donghyuck's here existing in this world with his stubborn ass, "well maybe if he..." said donghyuck and rubbing his nape while looking around, "maybe if he talked to me first then, we would be ok i guess." the tanned male tries to find a reason.

renjun then shook his head and butt in the conversation, "you and your stubborn ass." he grabbed his fork and grabbed a piece of his cake.

jaemin looked at his soulmate with furrowed brows while pointing at the cake renjun is eating, "since when did we order a cake?"

"oh..." jeno giggled and rubbed his nape, giving him his famous smile, "i ordered that while you two are talking."

jaemin melts in the older's smile and can't help but to pinch his cheeks. while donghyuck on the other side of the table looked at the trio with pouting lips.

he wished he can have that relationship.

"bye donghyuck, we'll go first!" jeno said waving his hands in the air, with his eyes smile still not leaving his face, it's like it never leaves its place, "stay safe."

both jaemin and renjun did the same, and all of them parted ways.

donghyuck fished for his phone in his pockets and paused to think first, does he want to call mark to pick him or just take the bus and walked himself towards the maze to get through their house? and yes yup, you guess it, he's taking the second option.

~~

mark looked at the wall clock as he chugged his water, the sun is setting now and donghyuck's still not calling him.

this isn't new though, it happened so many times but mark just couldn't help but to feel worried, i mean they're still soulmates at the end of the day.

and the exact same time, their front door opens revealing donghyuck. "you didn't call me?" question the older.

but donghyuck didn't bother replying and took off his shoes, walking towards their stairs not sparing the older a glance. oh yeah, mark forgot their daily routine. mentally sighing, he looked back down on his glass of water.

but before the younger could step a foot on their stairs, he looked at the older and saw him looking down, expressionless, "mark?" donghyuck called out, and mark swore his heart skipped a beat.

not continuing what he's going to say, he just shoot the older a small smile before dashing upstairs to their room.

leaving mark frozen on his place with his eyes wide, and mouth open in shock. donghyuck just gave him a smile, a small smile, but it looks like the younger just kissed him.

he's so used to being ignored that donghyuck giving him a small smile can make his problems solved, his whole day getting better, and can sleep peacefully at night.