13- Give me another chance... Please

School today went by slower than ever. I was surprised because I expected it to go by super fast. Once the final bell rang, I hopped on the bus to head home. Unlike Clay, I didn't have a car to take to school when my family wasn't using it. Sometimes when his family visits his apartment, he can take their car to school if they have no plans. My mum takes her only car to work everyday, leaving me with no other option but the bus.

Once I made it home I decided I didn't want to go over to Clay's house. I know it's bad to feel these things, but I was too tired to hold them back. I was so jealous of their relationship. Why did I have to go and mess things up? Why did I have to let her use me? It's all my fault. I went straight upstairs and turned the shower on. I turned the water as hot as it could go without burning me. I knew I had about an hour before my sister came home, and another 30 minutes after that until my mum would be home. So I hopped in and sat there crying. I wept under the water. I let the steam clear my nostrils and open my pores. It felt relaxing to let myself open up under the heat.

-No ones POV but its focused on Clay and George-

After they went to the mall to walk around for a little, the boys got to Clay's house. They each walked in, put their bags down on the ground by the door, and sat in the living room. The blond plopped down on a sofa chair and pulled out his phone. He started scrolling through instagram, as if he hasn't gone through it enough today. The brunette on the other hand, layed on the matching love seat. He brought his hands up to his stomach and laced his fingers together.

A soft sigh escaped his lips, and a simple, but also loaded question followed. "Clay... do you think I should forgive Nick?" He kept his gaze straight, which was at a little dot on the ceiling.

The other boy put his phone down and ran a hand through his hair. "It's completely up to you. He's already apologized to Rose and I, and I told him I somewhat forgive him, and appreciate his thoughtfulness. I think my slap kinda helped influence it y'know?" He ended his sentence with a smirk, clearly proud of himself. "But I also said I can't fully forgive him until you do. I think when you're ready, you should let him know that you are ready to move past it." He turned his head to look at the other. The smile on his face only grew wider at the sight of the smaller boy. He was flawless. The position his head was in really made his jawline definitive and Clay couldn't help but fanboy over it. They sat in silence like this for a few moments while George collected his thoughts. He let out a small chuckle.

"I can feel you staring idiot." He said in a light hearted tone. The blonds face immediately turned a deep shade of pink as he looked away. "It's okay haha. I know I'm too handsome for you to keep your eyes off of." His tone was joking but Clay couldn't hold it in anymore.

"You're right, You are very handsome." As soon as he said that, the other boy sat upright on the sofa, and looked at his now panicked face.

"You pig. Don't play those games with me. Youre so straight it's not even funny." George let out. "Seriously though, look at me go..." He brought back the jokes by dramatically running a hand through his hair. It was a little fluffy and getting longer than usual. He hadn't felt like getting it cut. But to Clay, it was gorgeous.

"Who said I'm straight?" His sentence came as a shock to George, leaving him speechless. Now's your chance, just go for it. He stood up and walked a few feet to the love seat where the other boy was sitting. "George. I know this won't go over you well, but I...'' finish it please... you are so close to coming clean. But before Clay could finish it, he felt a hand on his cheek. The blond's face was now a deep shade of pink. The brunette couldn't hold it in either. He looked straight into the others eyes. They were so perfect. Both wanted to make a move, but had no idea how.

Their faces were inches apart, they could practically feel each other's breath on their faces. They were silent for a few seconds until George spoke up.

"What was that you were saying?" A smirk spread across his face causing the other to gain a sudden boost of confidence.

"George, I want to let you know now, I really... really..." Before he could finish his sentence, there was a knock on the door.

-George's POV-

My face was inches away from meeting Clay's when it got interrupted by a visitor at the door. Clay pulled away and I dropped my hand to my lap. He looked towards the door and back at me. "I think it's Nick. I'll go answer it." He said. And before I could do or say anything else, he got up and opened the door. "Come in, it's a little chilly outside." Clay waved Nick in the house. Is he crazy?! I know Nick said he'd apologize, but this is basically a set up to be trapped over again!

The blond sat back down on the love seat, leaving as much room as possible in between us, leaving the small sofa chair for Nick.

"Hey whats up." I started. There was so much tension in the air and something felt wrong. After getting that close to Clay, I wanted Nick to never have shown up. I still had questions for him.

"Well like I said earlier, I want to apologize to you George. I know you wont accept it anytime soon, and I want you to take your time to think about it, but I want you to know i'm sincere." And so he started. Nick actually apoligzed. It seemed impossible, and on top of that he started tearing up at some points.

--

"So like I said I don't expect you to believe me. I just really want you to know that I mean it and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to build a healthy relationship with you." He finished. The light-raven haired teenager, had a change of heart and actually meant it. But now the time came where I had to think about my next move. It was almost like a game of chess, but this time if I made a wrong move, my whole world would crumble in my grasp. I put lots of thought into my next words. I looked up to Clay. His eyes were half closed, and bags had formed underneath them. Poor thing. I want to fall asleep as well. I could tell he was so over hearing the same apology over and over again. I looked at him, basically begging for the words to say. He seemed to notice and shrugged his shoulders. "It's up to you. If you think he deserves a second chance you can tell him. If you're not ready for that, then tell him" He said. My heart broke. I was never really an indecisive person, but I was stuck. Nick looked tired as well. Looking through his eyes, I could tell there was so much more going on in his life that he was holding in.

"I-I guess I forgive you. I just am not ready to act like friends with you yet. Please be okay with that." I blurted out, squeezing my eyes shut. I eventually opened my eyes and looked at Nick. He was looking down at his feet, planted strongly on the ground. I saw a single tear fall down. Did I say something wrong?

"Thanks George. I promise not to treat you the same as before." His voice broke in so many places. I felt terrible. I wanted to befriend him, but I couldn't. My mind replayed all the things he had said and done to me. "I guess I'll get going then. Thanks for the talk." He said, wiping his eyes. I noticed Clay and Nick share a look. Clay nodded and smiled.

-Nick's POV-

As I started out the door, I pulled out my phone and texted my mum, letting her know I needed to be picked up. In the time it takes for her to get to the corner of the street, I let myself think. That's not the response I was hoping for, but it's better than nothing. At Least I handled it well.

I didn't want him to hate me. I wanted to be on good terms with everyone. I felt so bad for everyone in my life. "Everyone must hate me." I kept whispering to myself. It was so bad of me to think those things but I truly deserved it.