7- Graveyard

(TW/CW: MINI FIGHT SCENE, MORE BULLYING)

-George's POV-

As I was laying on the ground in front of the two headstones, I could feel myself getting tired, my eyelids feeling heavier with each word I say. I paused my talking for a moment to feel the cool air run through my nose and into my lungs. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

-No one's POV but it's focused on Nick and Clay-

Nick drove up to the front in his small black car, but the fence gate was closed, and locked shut. Shoot, he thought to himself. At the same time, Clay pulled up in the parking lot of a supermarket down the road of the cemetery entrance. He had a five minute walk, but he knew there would be no where to park. Nick ended up leaving his car parked at the front of the loop in the front. They both got out and walked towards their designated meeting spot, a tree outside the front gate. Nick stood waiting eagerly, waiting for Clay to turn up.

Once the blond caught sight of the light raven haired boy, they waved, and walked to each other to start discussing the plan from there.

"Dude this is crazy. We're going to get in massive trouble," Clay started.

"Please chill. I won't let us get caught," Nick replied. "Let's enjoy it in case we do though." A mischievous grin rose to his face, earning an eye-roll from the other.

--

After some time had passed, the boys were chasing each other, jumping across the tombstones, parkouring around them. Fits of laughter could be heard from far away; how they weren't caught yet, no one knew. Nick was chasing Clay, gaining on him. Eventually the taller of the two tripped, and rolled down a grass hill. The blond ended up laying down on his back, lacing his fingers together and placing his hands on his stomach. His laughs slowed to giggles and eventually just left a smile. He heard the grass shuffle next to him and sat up to see Nick following his previous actions, rolling like a log down the grassy slope.

"Haha I'm going so fast. Look at meee Clay!" Nick laughed. Clay's eyes followed the smaller boy as he traveled all the way down.

"Get up, dork. You're going to be dizzy." At the blond's words, Nick stopped. He got on his hands and knees and brought himself up to his feet. He wobbled and tried to walk foot in front of foot, but ultimately failed, falling over right in front of Clay. He tilted his head up. Pointing into the distance he said, "Yo look is that a zombie?" Clay whipped his head around. "What? Where?" He panicked. The raven haired boy started laughing. His laughs were so hard he fell back over. "I can't believe you fell for it." He said clutching his stomach.

"Dude, that's not funny, I seriously thought there was something behind us." He was now in a mischievous mood and wanted to mess with his friend. "NICK WATCH OUT THERE'S A GHOST RIGHT ABOVE YOU DON'T MOVE YOUR HEAD!" Clay yelled, clasping a hand on his mouth, and using his other one to point above Nick's head. The smaller of the two boys ducked and put his hands above his head. Once Clay started laughing, Nick knew it was a joke, and he fell right into the kind of trap he set his friend up in.

 After some quiet chatting time, Clay saw something slightly move out of the corner of his eye. It was George turning over in his sleep, but with the dark skies, and the distance, he didn't know that. "Umm Nick? I think I just saw something move." He said keeping his gaze in that direction, but putting a hand on Nick's shoulder.

"Haha nice try buddy, I'm not gonna fall for that again." He said, shaking his head and continuing the story he was talking about before he got interrupted. "As I was saying..." he began. 

"NO SERIOUSLY LOOK ITS MOVING AGAIN!" The shorter of the two looked at the other's face. It was ghost white, even under the moonlight. He could tell his friend wasn't joking. He turned to look where his friend was pointing and saw the same thing his friend was seeing.

 "HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU WEREN'T KIDDING!!" Nick shrieked. His voice was so high pitched, he sounded like he was back in middle school. Clay threw his hand over the others mouth in hopes to shush him. He noticed their noise level was getting to be too loud again. "Shut. Up." He whisper-yelled through gritted teeth.

--

"Rock, Paper, Scissors, SHOOT!" The boys yelled in unison. Clay threw a rock and Nick threw a pair of scissors. "That's two wins for me haha! One more and you have to go up to it hahaha!" The blond said in between wheezes. Nick's face was priceless. They threw again, but tied. They went again, and tied. They threw one last time and the results did not sit right with Nick. "FUCK!" He threw his hands down and stood up. "You have to come with me though." He said softly. Clay silently agreed and followed suit.

The closer they slowly got to the thing, the more human-like it looked. Eventually Clay noticed the soft familiar facial features. He stopped and grabbed the others arm pulling it, trying to stop him before it was too late. But Nick already figured out who it was. "George?" He said. Clay stood still in utter disbelief. He knew it was a bad idea to come here from the start. He zoned out from what was now going on between the other two.

-Nick's POV-

Was that..."George?" I spoke up. What was he doing here? He was asleep on the floor in sweats and a windbreaker. If Clay and I weren't just chasing each other 10 minutes ago, we would be cold. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. "George." I spoke up again, a lot louder this time. I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight, examining the names on the stones behind the sleeping boy. The last names were the same, and very familiar. Then it clicked. His parents are dead. I knew it was wrong, but he needed to use this new found information against him. He began shaking the boy on the floor. 

"Hahaha wake up little boy! Wake up!" The brunette beneath me stirred awake, but not fast enough for my liking. I pulled my leg back and started kicking. I kicked at his thighs, his ribs, and brought my foot on top of his chest. I stomped down, hard. I wanted him to get up, and I wanted him up now!

"W-what is going on? O-ouch please s-stop!" The boy on the ground started flailing his limbs, trying to get me to stop. Once he opened his eyes and saw me, he sat up faster than I did when Clay tricked me earlier. "Nick stop!" He said grabbing my leg. I put all my weight on that one leg and I landed right between his legs, lucky for him on the ground. He quickly stood up and backed away.

"Where are you gonna go little boy? Are you gonna go cry to your mommy and daddy?" I said, pouting my lips and wrapped my arms around my chest, hugging myself. I started walking closer to him.

-George's Pov-

I held my ribs on the left side. Sharp pains shot through my whole torso. I was rudely awakened by being stomped on by my biggest bully. What was he even doing here. As I backed up and he came closer, I walked right into a tree. The wind got knocked out of me on impact, and I fell to the ground. I look up to see Nick slowly walking closer to me, cracking his knuckles. I looked through his legs to see Clay standing still yet again, with his hands down at his sides. My blood boiled in my veins. Why is he always watching me get beat up and tossed around? When will he stick up for me? 

I gathered any strength in me to stand up. Still clutching my side, I limped away from them as fast as I could. Tears filled my eyes and the cold air dried my throat out. I went in the direction of my bike, looking back to see Nick trying to walk towards me, but Clay held him back. "Go! That was what I thought! You wimp! Can't even fight back!" That threw me over the edge. I did a full 180 and stormed back to him. 

Luckily Nick was distracted with his friend, and his back was turned towards me so he didn't see me coming. I kicked the back of his knees and hard as I could causing him to fall forward, straight onto his face. I stomped on the back of his head, although it wasn't very hard, since I am super weak. "Yeah, you don't like that do you?" I retorted. Once again I turned and walked away to my bike. 

OKAYYYY... THIS IS EPIC :]

lol ok so this is getting to the good stuff. fun fact: this chapter was the original idea for the story, but i had to find a way for the parents to pass away, and a storm kinda just fit yk? 

n e wayssss i hope you are doing great!!