11- Apologies

-Clay's POV-

"George, I just wanna start off with I'm sorry. You're so strong and you mean so much to me. I know that last time we met and talked, you brought up the fact that I don't care and that I just stand and watch Nick beat you up and stuff. I don't want it to seem that way. H-he threatens me and says if I interfere then he'll beat me up more than he already does and hurt you more. I'm so sorry I realize that this isn't a valid excuse and I only dragged you out of bed so that you could see me knock some sense into him and I'll leave and let you go back to sleep now..." I was rambling. I was speaking so fast, tripping over words. I broke eye contact without realizing it. "... and about me always staring off into space... I can't help it. I'm sorry I just daydream sometimes a-and it's frustrating to me too, b-believe me I-" He cut me off by putting a hand up to my face, tracing my jawline with his thumb. I could see his tired eyes scan my face. My whole body felt electric. I couldn't tell if I enjoyed this moment or not because his face was so gorgeous, and it wouldn't seem weird that i'm looking at him since he's doing the same to me.

His eyes raised to meet mine. "Clay... " he whispered. "Thank you." He pulled his hand down and wrapped his arms around me. His body was so warm and his voice was still groggy from just waking up a couple minutes ago. It reminded me of when we were in the bathroom from the day we properly met. I got to hold him, and comfort him while he let himself go. I put my hands over his shoulders, around his neck. God, I wanted this kid for myself. All I could hope for was that he wanted me too.

--

"Thanks again for having me over! I'll come back again sometime tomorrow if that's alright?" I asked George's grandfather.

"Of course! You're always welcome. And thank you so much again for what you did today." He replied. I smiled and walked out the door. My heart was beating a million miles per hour. I just met his grandparents. Holy shit. That's the equivalent to meeting his parents... and they love me! I was beyond ecstatic. His grandparents were moving back to their home place overseas to live with the rest of their family, and George agreed to stay in my apartment until he graduated and traveled abroad to go to school where he was born.

My drive home was so weird. I had so many emotions still on high. I didn't even remember to turn on music because my thoughts were enough to feel occupied.

-Nick's POV-

I had no idea. I was too selfish and vain to realize the damage I've done. The things I've said have dealt damage that a basic apology wouldn't be able to repair. At this point I was lying in bed. I walked straight past my sister and mom when I came through the door. I'm so ashamed of myself that I didn't even want them to see me. I wanted to widdle away for no one to see me ever again. A tear escaped my eye, and dribbled down the side of my face, landing on my pillow. I had white bedsheets with a picture of the eiffel tower printed all over it. (im sorry it was too good of an opportunity to pass up 😏) I wanted nothing more than to give everything to him, and to Rose, who I now realized i've also hurt. My stomach was in knots and my head throbbed.

I rolled over and picked up my phone. I clicked on the messages app and clicked on her contact.

Nick Guzzle

7:02 hey I know you dont wanna see me right now but can you please come over real quick?

7:02 its important and I want to talk about it in person

7:02 I promise I won't touch you. you can stay as far away as you'd like.

I wanted her to know that I'm sorry, but I hate typing things out and I wanted her to know how serious I am. As I waited for a reply I texted Clay.