Chapter Fourteen

I sat there in silence. As much as I wanted to know, I didn't want to.
"Hayleigh, are you still there?"
"Uh, yeah. Sorry."
"We did find semen in your rape kit. Unfortunately, the person who did it is not in our criminal records, so we have no way to determine who it is. I'm so sorry, Hayleigh." I hung up the phone and started crying. Derek sat down next to me and hugged me. It felt really good to be in his arms. There was really something about him. My phone was going off like crazy on the coffee table.
"You don't have to talk to him right now if you don't want to," Derek said, looking at me. I grabbed my phone anyway. I wasn't going to let this get around school.

Chris- Hayleigh, how did it go? Did your kit come back?

Hayleigh- it did. I was raped. They don't know by who, and at this point I don't care. I just want it to be over with.

Chris- Hayleigh, I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?

Hayleigh- actually yeah. Take me to a party.

I set my phone back down on the table and looked at Derek.
"I'm going out tonight." He looked at me confused.
"Are you sure that's a good idea? You've been through a lot."
"The only way to get over it is to keep my mind off of it. Chris is picking me up later." He nodded and walked into the kitchen. I laid back on the couch thinking about everything. What if this was connected to who killed my parents? What if they found me? I don't care. I'm not moving.

I had spent most if the day on the couch. I picked up my phone.

Chris- I'll pick you up at seven.

It was five now. Maybe I should get ready. I went upstairs to my room, getting undressed and hoping in the shower. After a nice long hot shower, I got out, wrapping myself in a towel and putting my hair up in a towel. I went into my room and searched for clothes. Finally, I found a tight black cocktail dress and my heels. I brushed my hair, putting it in a side braid. I did a light amount of makeup to complete my outfit. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a cup.
"You look nice," Derek said smiling at me. I smiled back, filling my cup with water. I sat down at the island with him.
"Yeah, I'm hoping tonight will be a good one." I walked into the livingroom, waiting for chris.

Twenty minutes later, Chris knocked on the door. I opened it, and his jaw dropped.
"You look amazing."
"Thank you. Let's go." And off we went.
----------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapters short!! I'll update later. I think this next chapter I'm going to do POV's. I've been debating it, but i think in order to understand all the characters, you need to see their POV as well. Leave feedback!!