Chapter Thirty ~ We Shouldn't Be On The Same Team

Start from the beginning

I grinned and picked up my pace to a jog, waving my hand in the air. "Hey Midoriya!" He turned around in surprise and his eyes widened so much I'd thought they'd pop out of his head.

"Saki?!"

I pouted my bottom lip despite my smile. "I told you to call me Akiara."

"R-Right." He mumbled, looking behind me. "Where's Todoroki?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at the green-haired boy.

Midoriya straightened his back. "U-Um I just thought you'd be on the same team!"

I giggled. "We decided it would be best to be on different teams, besides, I wanted to team up with you for this!"

He pointed to himself with a dumbfounded stare. "M-Me? Why do you want to be my partner?"

I shrugged. "It's half out of pity, and half out of admiration!"

"Admiration?" He cocked his head to the side.

I nodded enthusiastically. "Yep! It was so cool how you won, well, of what I could see from the air at least."

"Thanks..." Midoriya rubbed the back of his neck, then his head popped up. "Oh, how are your wounds by the way?"

I winced, massaging my forearms. "They're healing, but I'm just really tired right now, since my quirk takes energy to heal myself."

"I thought your quirk was taking others' injuries?"

I nodded. "It is, but how do you expect those wounds to heal?"

He put his hand on his chin and began rambling into nothingness. "Well, I suppose your body needs a way to cope with whatever pain it takes on, so it would make sense if your quirk would heal those injuries for you. If you could only receive the wounds of others, your quirk wouldn't be very useful, especially if you'll only take their pain and not have any of it go away, resulting in you being the one hurt with no further avail. So a quirk with a counter-act to it, would be much more helpful and less painful for the user, which in this case is you, and--"

"Midoriya," I deadpanned, snapping him out of his time-warp. "You can stop now."

He started bowing uncontrollably while his eyes rolled back. "Sorry! Ah, sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry--"

I slapped my hand over his mouth and successfully his rant came to an end. I laughed whole-heartedly. "You're an interesting one, you know that?"

Alrighty so idk if any of you saw my last announcement, but there will be three continuations on this book, and they will be posted after this is finished, of course. Two sequels and one prequel. Prequel takes place during Akiara's childhood, blah blah blah. One sequel is.... classified information due to extreme spoilers. The other is... also classified information. I'll let you know though it's about certain people's children. 

I should stop talking.

Thanks for reading! As a celebration for thirty chapters and 1.3k readers, I drew a little something last night. It kind of looks like crap and I used a base cuz I can't draw well but....

Oh goodness it looks horrible...

Ta da

Ta da

T-T

I tried.

Real hard.

Sorry if it sucks XDXD

Love y'all so much!

~ᕲᖇᘿᗩᘻ~