Chapter 8: Corey

I swung my feet as I sat down on a swing. Joey was ment to meet me here ten minutes ago.

I felt nervous. What if he didnt show up?

It had been a week since we fucked and almost two since we met.

I felt bad for that still. I was embarrassed I fell asleep in front of him.

That day was rough. When he left I thought it was because he was done with me or...even worse repulsed by me, which scared me a little, and my grandma was a little annoyed about me taking the last cigarette. I dont remember but theres a chance I did considering how gappy my memory could be at times. Espeically when remembering other things.

I looked the sky. What if he had no interest or time for me anymore?

I was probably being over dramatic considering but I really liked hanging out with him.

"Corey!"

I blinked as I looked down and here he stood. It was a weekend so per usual he was super down dressed..

"Hey..."

"You okay?"

"I thought you werent going to come." I admitted

"Of course I would." He rolled his eyes

"Sorry..." I shrugged as if I didnt care

He looked at me "can i say something?"

I nodded

"You have this really strong image I'm going to flake on you...I mean, why is that?"

I shrugged "no one seems to stick around too long."

He frowned "still...I will.."

I shook my head "literally I'm too much to deal with."

"Who said that?" Joey asked

I shrugged...was I really going to share that?

"My mother..." I blurted out.

He shook his head "ignore her...shes a bitch."

"Shes my mom!" I said

"Yeah and a bitch." He rolled his eyes

"Dont call her that!" I snapped angrily

"Why? It's what she is." Joey said

"But, shes still my mom...shes not been the best mom at times granted...but I still love her."

He sighed "I get that Corey but facts are facts. I have good times with my mom doesnt make her less of a bitch." He shrugged

"But she provided for us...even when she had to starve." I said

"Why would she have to starve?" Joey asked, his tone changed to a softer pitch which made my heart rate calm down.

"We werent rich joey...growing up...I was dirt poor. I was beyond dirt poor really. I've lived in twenty five different states and that was before I was eleven all because we couldn't keep up with rent..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry.."

"She liked her boyfriends too. So wed move in with them...but they werent nice people."

Why was I still going on?

He looked at me sadly "you deserved better."

"Honeslty no. I kinda deserved it because-uh...I just did."