One's Spirit is a Blessing

Start from the beginning

He looked really deep in thought and didn't even seem to notice that Kyoka woke up. "Hey, green hair." She called out to him and the boy sprung his head up and looked at her. He pointed at himself basically asking, "Are you talking about me?" Kyoka nodded, "Yea, I just want to say thank you. You didn't have to save me and yet you did. while everyone ran away you know." She said as she turned to hid her blush a bit. Kyoka had never really talked to anyone for a few years so this was a first for her.

The boy shook his head rapidly. "O-oh! Don't m-mention it! I-it's what H-Heroes do." The boy stuttered and Kyoka was kind of surprised. For a guy with a quirk so strong, that it turned a robot the size of a sky scraper's arm and over sized crushed soda can, you would think he would have a lot of confidence. An awkward silence filled the air and Kyoka not knowing what to say stayed silent as to not make the situation embarrassing.

The boy noticed her jack and sprung his head up in joy. "I-Is that your quirk?" He asked and Kyoka looked down in disappointment. She had been bullied during elementary years because of her quirk since its a mutation. 'God dammit.......' "W-well.....yea it is." She said with a bit of disappointment as she heard rummaging. The purplette looked up at the bushy haired boy as he started rummaging through his bag. He pulled out a pencil and a note book and started flipping the pages of said book.

He stopped and looked up at Kyoka. "C-can you tell me a-about it?" He asked and Kyoka was a bit of a mix of surprised and relieved. She had thought that he would make fun of her because of how they stick out of her earlobes. "S-sure. I mean they aren't anything special. My quirk is Earphone jack, Its pretty self explanatory. I can extend them to about six meters I think. They also give me really good hearing and I can regulate my heart beat through the to create vibrations." She said as she heard scribbling.

The boy was jotting down everything she was telling him about her quirk. He was probably jotting down things she didn't even ask her. Did he really think she was that cool? "Your quirk is so awesome! Thoughyourquirkwouldberelativlygoodforcatchingvillainsoffguard, itwouldbebestifyouweretogoonstealthmissions. Maybeyoucouldworkatedgeshot'sagency-." Izuku started going on a muttering spree and Kyoka was surprised by this. This boy has such a timid nature, but here he is muttering like a rap god. Kyoka couldn't even make sense of the words she just sat on the bed shocked. Being in a family of musicians this would definitely shock even Kyoka's parents.

She noticed the boy face turn purple and she got up from the bed and sat on the chair next to him and patted his shoulder. He stopped and started taking large breaths in desperation for oxygen. Kyoka giggled at this as Izuku kept taking deep breaths. "You know you gotta breathe at some point mutter boy." Kyoka joked and the boy slapped his hand over his mouth and looked down. "I-I'm sorry." He said a bit disappointed.

Kyoka stopped giggling and looked at the boy who was clearly embarrassed. But why? He had the gift to speak as fast if not faster than Eninem. "Hey, dude it's ok. I-it was k-kinda c-cool." Kyoka said stuttering in that last part which she cursed at herself for. Being that she hasn't talked to really anybody during her middle school years and being bullied in her elementary years, she definitely hasn't talked to many boys.

especially during second year of junior high. All the girls were already going through puberty. And she just stopped. Her body just stopped growing and while other girls had large chest, she was stuck with her flat chest. She think she isn't beautiful and will never find love. This insecurity plus the fact that she was bullied because of her quirk during elementary years did make her have a low self-esteem. But she still wanted to be a hero.

"y-you don't t-think I-I'm weird?" He asked and Kyoka shook her head lightly. "No why would I?" She asked and Izuku smiled and she smiled back. He quickly looked away and the room was once again filled with an awkward silence.

"S-so,um.... do you listen to music?" Kyoka asked and Izuku nodded. "y-yea, but I only l-listen to w-whatever sounds good." He responded and Kyoka looked at him sincerely. "You poor thing, give me a sec." She said as she pulled out her phone from her pocket which was surprisingly, not cracked. She clicked the button on the top of the phone to turn it on, but was met with a screen with a battery that had a red blinking light at the end of it signaling that the phone was out of battery. "Oh, never mind, phones dead. J-just um. lemme see your playlist." Kyoka said nervously and the boy shrugged as he took out his phone and unlocked it.

He passed her his phone and she looked through her music playlist. "You got a decent taste here. Whats your name?" Kyoka asked as she passed Izuku his phone. Izuku to his phone with a smile on his face. "O-Oh its Izuku Midoriya." He said and the girl got up and stretched. "Im Kyoka Jiro. My p-parents are probably worried about me so I have to go. But, can I see your phone one more time?" She asked and Izuku put his phone in her hands. He could see her typing something on it.

She passed him his phone and he looked down on it to see a new contact "Kyoka Jiro." "M-maybe we could hang out t-tomorrow." She said embarrassed as she walked out of the office and Izuku was left there still processing the fact that he just talked to a cute girl and he got her number.

Izuku had been bullied starting at the age of four. Everyone thought he was quirkless even himself. He had no idea he had such a powerful quirk. He doesn't even know what to call it yet. I mean he just find out a few hours ago. Izuku was not only bullied for not having a quirk. He was out right assaulted. Mostly by two people. Katsuki Bakugo, and his best friend Denki Kaminari. They are actually the real reason why Izuku is so nervous all of the time and why he stutters a lot.

Izuku looked down at the contact on his phone and smiled a bit. He believes he had gotten two things he had always wanted. A quirk and a friend. Though that was a good outcome. The test was a complete dud. The robot was called a zero-pointer for a reason. So, izuku ended up a getting a fat zero on his entrance exams meaning he wont make it to U.A. but, he still has to wait for the results to come in mail.

Izuku got up and made his way out of the office walking home with the new contact on his phone.