𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

"In other news, the bodies of two more victims were identified this morning, along with a rusted hatchet... investigators suspect this connects to recently detained—" Y/N switches the station, not in the mood to hear about a gruesome murder at 7AM while she's on her commute to work. It's her first day and her nerves are through the roof. Her hands grip the wheel at 10 and 2, knuckles white. Finally, the facility is in view. The Subordinate: Psychiatric Hospital For The Criminally Insane.

Y/N parks her car and takes a breather before she looks at her reflection in the rear view mirror; she looks sharp and sophisticated. She collects her folders and documents from the passenger seat before stepping out, readjusting her skirt and blazer.

The building is grand with a large front gate. There's 3 stories with small windows, and from the ground she can see black bars in front of the glass.

"Good morning." The woman at reception greets her sweetly, "How can I help you, miss?"

"My name is Dr. Y/N L/N. I'm a replacement for Dr. Michael Yang?" She states, a little unsure of how she should be going about this. The woman nods and the door behind her creaks open, a stout man enters the room.

"Hi, Doctor. My name is Agent Trico Martinez." He informs, walking out to greet Y/N with a handshake. "I'll take her from here, Beth." He tells the lady as she passes him a folder to which he hands to Y/N. They both start to silently walk down the halls of the establishment. The floors are marbled and tall tiles climb up the walls. Everything is blindingly white. The silence is a little awkward. Y/N begins reading the patient profile she was handed (the photo above) and she nearly chokes.

"This is who I'm treating?" She questions as the elevator doors fling open and they step on.

"Hm? Ah, yes." He glaces over at the file in her arms, "Rogers was over due for a medical detox when authorities found him, having been drinking heavily for a few years." Y/N's head was spinning. When she read that name, it felt like all the blood drained from her face. She hasn't seen him in 7 years. She's almost afraid of what Toby may have become in their time appart, considering this is his place of reside. He begins warning her about how he may be a little agitated or begin feeling sick during the session as he only finished his detox treatment a week ago. He was detained so recently, she reads on the document, how did she never hear about this sooner?

"How did you find him?" She entreated.

"He attempted to rob a liquor store while incredibly intoxicated. He was easily apprehended, nearly blacking out once police got him in cuffs. We did a little research and what do you know? Toby Rogers, investors have been searching for him for years." The agent denotes. The elevator halts, the doors glide open and they are now on the second floor; Moderate Security Ward. This floor is dedicated to patients who are only moderately dangerous. In the Subordinate, the higher the floor, the tighter security is. The first floor is for patients on suicide watch, in addiction recovery, catatonic patients, patients who are soon to be released and patients who have been deemed less of a threat to staff and others. The building is extremely segregated when it comes to sexes. Men and women never seen each other in this place, apparently.

They step off to the side, and Martinez begins cautioning her about how he may behave. He hasn't been very responsive to previous doctors who've tried to understand him. He doesn't open up about his past or information regarding the crimes he committed; nothing at all. According to him, Toby is pretty neutral during sessions. He doesn't become violent or vulgar and this settles Y/N's heavy heart slightly.

They stride through the corridors before they reach a section where interrogation rooms reside. The doors are painted pale blue, made of iron with a little window at the top, a steel grid in front of it. Many unsettling noises can be heard from around the hospital as they walk. They pause in front of the final door at the end of the hall.