BIRTH OF PRINCES (PART 2)

6 months later
Sumitra was pregnant.
Maharajah Dashrath was cradling a baby with dusky skin ,light brown eyes and golden brown hair. Obviously RAM. He was looking tensed. Because his second /favourite queen Keikai had gone into labor an hour ago. Still there was no news of child. Suddenly he saw the hump backed evil ahem ahem Manthara shouting, "My Keikai became a mother and the second prince is born. Dashrath was super happy and gave a golden chain to her,"Is Keikai fine and how's my son?" he asked. "Keikai is a little tired and your son is sooooo pretty I am not able to explain his beauty. You can see him yourself Maharaj." Said Manthara . As he went in Keikai's chamber he saw the cute prince with milky coloured skin, a little darker eyes than Ram, and looking almost like his mother. Ram was so excited that he was about to bounce from his father's hands so Dashrath carefully placed him beside his brother. As Ram and Bharat saw each other they started to talk in their baby voice. He, was named Bharat while the naming ceremony.

Now Bharat was 8 months old
And ram was 1 year 4 months old.

The queens were sitting in Sumitra's chamber and talking.

"How is my youngest son? " asked Keikai. "He is fine but I think he is short tempered and naughty. He doesn't stops moving and kicking me. "Both qualities are of two different people
"OK it means my youngest son is fine but my he is making my younger sister feel uncomfortable. I will see him after he comes out and if he troubled You then I will, "pulling her bangles up and showing fake anger. "no need Didi he is not so bad, yes my son" she kept her hand on her womb and felt a sharp kick which was unbearable for her. "Ah,ahhh"she started shouting. "Are You fine? Wait I am calling Daima ""Dasi please call Daima fast "
As Daima came she said "the delivery time is near plz arrange the things needed to me" .

Koushalya was with Ram and Bharat in her chamber. Suddenly heard Dasi's call, " Maharani, rani Sumitra has went into labor. " 
Maharaj Dashrath was busy in a battle. So he was not in Ayodhya.

Koushalya took Ram and Bharat and rushed towards Sumitra's chamber. She saw Sumantra (their prime minister)standing with Rajguru Vashisht outside  Sumitra's chamber. She handed Ram and Bharat to him and went inside.

As she went inside she saw Sumitra screaming with pain and sting winds coming from the window. All of sudden it started to rain outside. She didn't saw the window more than  a second and went in and sat beside Sumitra holding her hand. "Didi ah aaahhh it's unbearable ahh" "Sumitra I know it is unbearable but You have to bear the pain for your child and yourself " "Yes Didi ah I will ahhhhh"

2 long hours passed still there was no news of child
Ram and Bharat were impatient and started crying
They wanted to go inside so they started trying to bounce from Sumantra's grip.

Tensed Sumantra asked, "gurudev what is this why it's taking so long for our younger prince to take birth and why are our calm princes are crying and trying to get out from my grip??"
"Child, not younger prince but younger princes Sumitra is going to be a mother of twins. And let Ram and Bharat to Inside this will relieve Sumitra's pain. "
"As you say gurudev" and he let Ram and Bharat go inside Sumitra's chamber.
"But gurudev how is that possible? "
"It's possible child because the porridge was divided in four parts and Sumitra ate two of them."

Flashback
"king Dashrath take the porridge and distribute among your queens. "said agnidev. He did as the Agnidev said but gave it to Sumitra to distribute, selfless Sumitra decided the bowl in two halves and gave them to her elder sisters. But If Sumitra was selfless it does not mean that Koushalya and Keikai were selfish they gave her some part of their porridge. But accidentally they both gave her half of the whole porridge that's how Sumitra ate two parts.

Explained Gurudev

Mean while in Sumitra's chamber

Ram and Bharat went in and sat beside Sumitra. Sumitra felt her pain lessen.In a few moments she gave birth to a baby boy. His fists were clenched he was crying loud. And just after his birth the weather changed and now the sun was shining brightly. He was then wrapped in a blue cloth and placed beside his brother he was still crying but as Ram kept his hand on bus head  he stopped crying. But meanwhile Sumitra was continuously screaming as the youngest prince was about to take birth. And just after the youngest prince was born the news came that the king won the battle.

On the day of naming ceremony the twins were named Lakshman and Shatrughan
Guru Vashisht said that Lakshman will be always close to Ram and so Shatrughan to Bharat.
Lakshman was much fairer than Ram but not than Bharat with dark blue eyes    (after all he was the avatar of sheshnag)  and Shatrughan was looking same like Lakshman as they were twins just with black eyes.

Phew tired after writing such a long story vote If  you're like it and comment will update soon

-Aarya Rathi