Chapter 16: The search for the Hokage

Declaimer: I own nothing in this fanfic, but my created characters they abilities and Jutsu and that is about all I own "Goes to corner and starts crying"

Writing: Italic: thought, Bold: Bijuu or summoning speaking.

"Violence is not the answer. Instead it is a tool we use to draw conclusions and solve problems."-Unknown

"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Naruto slowly opened his eyes to see the white ceiling of the hospital, but when Naruto turned to his left he saw Hinata with her head on his bed asleep and Jiraiya standing at the doorway with his arms crossed. "So your finally awake." Jiraiya smiled as Naruto nodded his head, but was still confused.

"What happened?" Naruto asked as he rubbed his head trying to get rid of the cob-webs blocking his memories.

Jiraiya's face suddenly got a depressed look about it. "We won the fight, but we lost some good men and women." Jiraiya looked at the ground and said the one thing that he knew would hit Naruto hard. "Also Sarutobi died in order to try and kill off the one who started this entire thing." Naruto's eyes were wide when he heard that Sarutobi died.

"That's not possible the old man is too strong to be taken down that easily." Naruto looked at Jiraiya, but he still wouldn't met the Uzumaki's eyes. "When is his funeral?"

"That's just it Naruto you've been out for three days." Jiraiya stated shocking Naruto. "That seal you used nearly killed you. It not only drained your supply to a dangerous level it drained a good chunk out of your other source as well." Jiraiya watched as Naruto gently reached up and grabbed his shoulder. "I don't think it is safe to use that again, but before you interrupt let me explain. That seal was meant for people who have a considerable amount of chakra and don't get me wrong you do have that, but what you don't have is control. I warned that seal I placed on you was a temporary fix that you would still need more training to fix that problem, but you didn't listen did you."

Naruto looked away from Jiraiya's stern look. "I had no choice if I didn't do what I did then the village might have been destroyed." Jiraiya heard a groan and looked to see Hinata moving around threaten to wake up.

"I know, but every clan has a fall point Naruto and your clan's was their recklessness." Jiraiya said this as he walked forward and looked at Naruto with a sad expression. "The Uzumaki were always quick to sacrifice themselves to save a few." Jiraiya looked and saw Naruto relaxing. "But I do bare some bad news. Ever since you were brought here the council has been trying to keep you here in the village until further notice, but I managed to convince them I need you for a mission of mine."

"Oh, and what's that?" Naruto asked as he looked up at Jiraiya.

"We're going hunting for our next Hokage." Jiraiya smiled at Naruto and turned and walked to the door. "I've already cleared you with the doctors. You have two hours to get up, get ready, and met me at the gate." With that Jiraiya left leaving Naruto with Hinata. Naruto looked at Hinata and smiled softly as he stroked her hair. Hinata stirred slightly and looked up to see Naruto smiling down at her.

"Naruto!" Hinata wrapped herself around Naruto and gave him a tight hug. "I thought you weren't going to wake up." Naruto looked down and smiled as he hugged Hinata back.

"Sorry for making you worried, but it's going to take a lot more to take me down." Naruto joked making Hinata laugh a little. "Listen Hinata I have to go on a mission with my sensei for a few days." This made Hinata jerk her head back in surprise.

"What, but you're in no condition?" Hinata looked shocked, but a smiled from Naruto and him getting out of bed quickly silenced her worry.

"Actually I feel fine." Naruto smiled as Hinata shook her head.