sixteen | pinky promise

"where the hell could it possibly be—"

i wasn't one to jump to conclusions, but shinsou was the only person that could of possibly taken it. but why?

maybe he just mistaked it with his own?

no...that's just stupid because he didn't even take anything out of his backpack in the first place.

i dug through my mustard colored backpack for the hundredth time trying to see if i had possibly overlooked it by accident.

you know that feeling when you loose your phone or misplace it, but end up finding it in a stupid place and it's been in that stupid place all along?

that's exactly what's happening, but instead i don't know if i'll ever find it again!

that journal has private information in it! information that i don't want spreading around the whole school!

"hey, izu!"

i jumped at the noise.

"woah, what's wrong?"

"n-nothing, just been up all night studying is all!"

i didn't dare to make eye contact with her or else she would see the horrid dark underbags surrounding my eyes due to my lack of sleep.

i was up all night looking in every crevice of my room over and over trying to find that damn journal.

"did you finish the project for biology?"

she sat at the cafeteria table with her tray, waiting for me to answer when in reality i just wanted to be left alone.

"yeah, yeah,"

i finally got the courage to look at her and her eyes immediately went wide, practically choking on her milk.

she leaned against the table, her slender pink fingernail polished nails gently pushed away a strand of hair from my face.

"i'm fine."

she was the type of friend to worry over every little thing. her eyes softened when she saw the state i was in.

"izu, not to be mean or whatever, but you look like you got hit by a bus."

"really? i haven't noticed?"

i said sarcastically and zipped up my backpack, and placed it onto the floor; trying to hide the hickey that was still on my neck more with my hoodie.

"wait, is that,"

she reached over the table once more and lowered the red hoodie that was the source of protection from anyone seeing the hickey in the first place.

"you did not—"

"before you ask, no we didn't fuck, just made out."

"but that doesn't explain why you look like a total train wreck."

i deeply wanted to tell her the truth, but obviously i couldn't.

"stress is all, don't worry i'll be fine!"

"you sure?"

i hummed and looked around the cafeteria for any sign of shinsou, but gave up when i didn't see him.

"so, my house today after school?"

"you know, you can tell me anything right?"

ura popped the question as we sat on her bed as she laid on her back looking up at the ceiling.

"ya, what makes you think i don't?"