• Seventeen •

They quickly arrived at Patsy's, a few minutes before they needed to be. They made small talk while they waited for Tami to get there with Freddie.

"So, Mandy... about last night.."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I was really drunk and-" He interrupted her by placing his lips onto hers and moved them softly with her pace.

"Don't be sorry, I loved it." She blushed and turned away from him slightly. "Your moaning is pretty sexy." She turned at him and punched him in his arm.

"Shut up Lip!" She kept play punching him while laughing.

Before long of them just giggling at each other and play fighting they heard a knock come from Lip's window. They looked over to see Tami standing there, holding Freddie. Lip looked at Mandy and slightly smiled.

"Stay here." She nodded while he climbed out of the car.

"So?" Tami looked at Mandy and gave her a glare. "Who's this?"

"Uh, that's Mandy. Mickey's sister." She nodded disapprovingly.

"Another Milkovich?" Lip shrugged, he didn't think Mandy could hear what either of them were saying, but unfortunately she could. "Wait, this isn't the Mandy you told me about before?" He slightly nodded.

Tami reached behind Lip and slightly opened the door.

"Be careful with him, he might dump you with a kid then go fuck some other bitch." Both of them were surprised by her attitude. Lip reached out and took Freddie from her.

"Tami, that's really fuckin uncalled for, alright? Chill." She looked away from the both of them.

"Look, I'll see you in a few days to pick up Fred. Bye Lip." She gave a pathetic smile before walking away, back to her own car. Lip just stared, appalled by how rude Tami was.

After awhile of just glaring at her, he finally turned to the car and got in.

"What's her fucking problem?"

"She just gets jealous." Mandy stared at Lip.

"About you..?"

"Yeah, I mean, I'm her kids dad and shit."

"But you aren't together, right?"

"We were, then she stopped texting me for awhile and I finally showed up at her place to see Fred. And we haven't been together since." Mandy just nodded and looked forward. "What? You don't believe me or something?"

"No, I do Lip. It's just, irritating? I guess."

"I'm sorry Mans." He looked into her eyes. "I shouldn't have told you to come with.."

"It's okay Lip, I really wanted to meet Freddie because he's so adorable.... but uh I realized we don't have his car seat."

"Yeah, well.. usually he doesn't go in cars, I walk here to get him. So when I do have a ride, I just hold him."

"Lip!" She smacked his arm again. "That's so bad! What if something happens!?"

"Nothing has yet." He shrugged. "Plus it's like five minutes." She shook her head.

"I'm not doing this again. You better hold on to him."

"Of course I am."

The whole way home Mandy was being extra careful of all her surroundings. She was anxious the whole time, looking over every few seconds to make sure Lip didn't drop Freddie. Soon they got home, but it felt like forever.

By the time they got back Debbie was home from taking Franny to school and Sandy made them lunch.

"Hey guys, we're back!" Lip said as they walked through the door. Debbie looked up and saw a tiny Fred in Lip's arms. She quickly ran over and swooped him up.

"Hey little guys!" She said.

"Ay Debs, why'd you just steal my kid?" She laughed a little.

"Sorry Lip." She walked back over to the kitchen, near Sandy. "Look Freddie, this is my girlfriend Sandy." Sandy waved at him.

Lip and Mandy's heads shot up and looked at each other with confused looks. Lip mouthed 'GIRLFRIEND!?' while Mandy just shrugged her shoulders a few times.

"Hey where's Ian and Mickey?" Lip asked. Sandy looked up and pointed upstairs, then covered her mouth with her finger to show to be quiet.

They heard moaning coming from upstairs, from the two boys. They could only make out that they were saying something about Nick Jonas. All of them thought it was pretty weird, but they just brushed it off their shoulders because it could be worse.

After all this was the Gallagher's house, where most any and everything has happened in at some point in time.

"So, is Debs gonna give you your kid back?" Mandy asked.

"In a few minutes, she always wants to hold him till he starts crying or popping, or anything obnoxious." Lip responded.

"Makes me wonder how she raised Franny." Lip nodded.

"It was a mess, but she did it... well, she's doing it, she's a good mom usually." They both laughed and made eye contact for a second. Mandy stood up on her tippy toes for a second and planted a kiss on his cheek and gave him a sly smile.

He slightly bite his lip while she giggled, finding his attempts at flirting humorous. And then in a split second they heard Freddie crying and saw Debbie walking over with him.

She handed him over to Lip and said, "Sorry for taking your kid, here he is." Lip took him and nodded while Debs sat back down next to Sandy.

"So, what's the plan now?" Mandy asked.

"Well, around 2:30 he takes a nap. So we can go upstairs and let him take a nap earlier, so we can get one in too."

"Honestly, I'm not tired." He didn't say anything. "But if you're tired go take a nap dummy! I'll be down here with them." She smiled.

"Okay. But wait." He kissed her. "See you in an hour or so." And smiled, then walked up the stairs carrying Fred in his arms.

As soon as he got up the stairs Debbie and Sandy were looking up at Mandy. "Get over here!" Debbie said.

Mandy slowly walked over, because she knew she was about to get the lecture from her girls about how she shouldn't get back with Lip.

"Look, I know what you guys are going to say so don't-" Mandy got cut off by Sandy.

"What are we going to say, hmhmm?"

"It's not a good idea to get close again, like you said earlier..."

"No Mandy, I was gonna say something different. The way Lip looked at you right now.. I haven't seen him look at someone like that ever before." Debbie said. Mandy swallowed air when she let those words slip out. She couldn't tell if Debbie was being serious.

"You don't notice that look he gives you?" Sandy added.

Mandy just smiled and thought back to the advice she gave to Ian all those years ago.. 'Does he get that look in his eyes when he's with you?' 'What look?' 'You'll know...'. And honestly, maybe she should listen to her own advice. She did notice some sort of look in him when he looked at her.

It felt special, but still reminded her of high school and everything that happened.

It was hard to admit it, but he did give her a special look when it was just the two of them. Or whenever he had the chance. Maybe Debbie is right she thought....