𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I- I got bit by a w- wolf." She managed to get out in between deep breaths, probably in an attempt to keep the pain at bay.

"Wh- what? How?"

"Jules. Sh- she's a new werewolf here. Looking for Mason. She was trying to get to Damon but..." She trailed off, indicating towards her own bite mark on her shoulder, showing that Damon wasn't the one who got bit.

"I'm so sorry, Rose. I wish there-" As if a lightbulb went off in her own head, Rory thought of something. She closed her eyes, and laid a hand near where the bite was. The witch carefully murmured a few words, and when she opened her eyes, Rose was looking at her in confusion. "It should keep the pain almost unnoticeable for a while. Would you like me to stay here with you?"

Rose nodded her head, a lot more strength, now that she can't feel the pain and venom as she did before.

"Okay." Rory said, pulling Rose closer to her, and hugging her, the vampire melting into the embrace. "I'm right here, it's okay." Was the last thing Rose heard as she fell into her own, blissful sleep.

-

While Rory was taking care of a dying vampire, Elena Gilbert was upstairs, in Damon Salvatore's room.

"Damon?" Elena calls out, looking around his room. "Damon? You're standing right behind me aren't you."

"Sure am." He said, the smirk practically audible in his voice. Elena turned around, and the two brought each other in a very heated makeout session.

"I don't want us to be apart anymore. Ever." She tells him, him nodding in agreement, bringing her in for more.

"I heard you requested Elijah for Stefan to be released." Damon tells her once they broke apart. "Now, why would you do that?"

Elena sighed, "He's your brother, Damon. And I still do care about him no matter what."

Damon just scoffed before shoving his tongue down her throat once more, up until Stefan walks in on them.

"He- Oh what the fuck?" He exclaims, putting his hand over his eyes, also trying to cover up the hurt that would have shown in his eyes. "You, know, I'll just come back later."

Truthfully, Stefan wanted to talk to Damon about their sister. He knew it was going to take a long time to get her trust back, and show her that they really do care. But at this point, Stefan was sure that Damon didn't care. He was too self-indulged, and ignorant. Stefan, on the other hand, has cried to himself, on multiple occasions, thinking about all the times he had let his own sister down. He was filled with so much guilt and hatred for himself. She was always there for him, and he was to blind to see it. He would do anything to make things right.

As he walked out, with the intention to head towards the grill, Stefan found Rory and Rose asleep, cuddled together. His heart physically hurt, looking at the two. If one didn't know what was happening, they would think the two were having a normal day. With one last longing glance towards his sister, Stefan left their house, on his way to meet Ric.

When he got there, he saw Ric sitting while on the phone, looking at a woman.

"Is that the- uh--wow." Stefan said, taking a seat in front of him.

"Yeah. Yeah." Alaric confirmed. "I just left Damon a message."

"So you're doing his dirty work for him now?" Stefan asked, a clear distaste for his brother at the moment evident.

"Well, she could have a cure for Rose. I couldn't find anything in Isobel's research. Except that it's fatal."

"Do you still know of a way to get in touch with Isobel?"