Todoroki and Gon ignored the audience and Mic screaming at them to fight again. Gon then asked, "Can you use that against me? I've never fought someone who can control elements."

Todoroki looked at him in confusion. "But both electricity and ice are elements..."

"oH. Well, I never fought with anyone who can use fire!" He admitted chirpily, exited to fight another element. "I think that's pretty cool."

"And Bakugo doesn't count as fire?"

"No? Why would he?"

"Because explosions are hot like fire?" Todoroki questioned.

The audience was starting to get mad and started throwing stuff at them. Mic started to yell at the audience.

"I don't think explosions count as fire. They're just explosion's." Gon said simply.

"Okay." Todoroki paused for a second, looking at Gon.

"Is something bothering you?" Gon said looking up at him.

"I don't even want to win this, if I'm being honest."

"Why not? You'll get spotted for agencies and get the number one title."

"Being number one is my dad's dream. Not mine. I just want a family."

"Well I'm still your son" Gon said using air quotes for son. "So that something. I know you don't like your dad, so you don't really need to think of him as your family."

"Then what is he?" Todoroki asked in confusion.

"He's just your dad." Gon shrugged. "And that all he will be until you get a good relationship with him." Gon noticed how Todoroki was still confused, so he kept talking. "For example, I see my Aunt Mito and grandma as my family because I was raised by them."

Todoroki frowned sadly at that. "What about your dad and mom?"

"Since I don't know either of them yet, they're just my dad and mom nothing else." Gon shrugged.

"An then what about Killua? He's family too, right?" Todoroki questioned, wondering if Gon considered him close family yet.

"Of course but its a different kind of family than Aunt Mito and Grandma. I don't know what I would call it, but you get it, right?"

"I think so." Todoroki said, figuring that he wasn't entirely in the family category because he didn't grow up with him.

"My friends Leorio and Kurapika and Bisky and would be considered family too!"

"Why them specifically?"

"Because I trust them with my life." Gon said in all seriousness. This stunned todoroki. He figured he would have said that he loved them or something. Not something this drastic. Gon then added, "Oh! And because I want them in my life forever." He then proceeded to explain, "I know all will fight to the death to keep me safe if I was down, and I would do the same with them. With Leorio though... I'd rather have him save my life medically." He then whispered, "He's not very good with his quirk, but he's an amazing doctor in training! He already saved my life once or twice"

"I don't think I have any family..." Todoroki said sadly.

Gon gave him a hug. "That's okay. You can hang out with us and sooner or later, you'll be like family!"

"Really?" Todoroki asked, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Yeah!" Gon cheered, letting go.

"Thank you Gon." Todoroki said and then turned to Cementos who took over midnights job for the rest of the festival. "I forfeit."

"Are you sure? This is the final round." Cementos' asked.

"I just said so." Todoroki said, not understanding why they didn't just go with it as the rules state.

"WHAT!? NO!!" Gon shouted, not wanting to win by forfeit.

"Alright. I guess I cant stop you." Cementos shrugged and used his radio to tell mic.

"WHAT?!" Mic shouted in shock once he heard the information. "TODOROKI FORFITS?!"

There was muttering amongst the audience, wondering what Gon said to Todoroki to make him forfeit.

"NO!!!" Gon complained to Todoroki and shook his arms. "I wanted to fight!! I hate winning by forfeit!"

"Sorry Gon, I don't really want to fight you though. You're my son." Todoroki said and ruffled his hair.

Gon smacked his hand away, "Killua said that earlier!! Why does no one want to fight me????"

"Probably because you're one of the toughest opponents and top of the class."

"Why does that matter??" Gon complained loudly.

"Everyone give it up for Gon Freeks, the Winner of the Sports Festival!!" Mic shouted and played victory music, ignoring Aizawa's glare.

"nO" Gon complained. Todoroki sighed and threw him over his shoulder and brought him to the exit. "Hey put me down!" Gon shouted, trying to get out without punching Todoroki.

"No."

"Okay fine, but can you at least get that rock on the floor?" Gon pointed to a small piece of rubble from Cemontos' chair.

"Sure but why?" Todoroki asked as he bent down to pick it up.

"I like it?" Gon lied.

"Valid reason."

They made their way back to their classmates area in the stands and Gon was greeted by a high five from Killua and Izuku. 

"Nice job on first place, gon!" Killua said as he high fived him. "But what happened with todoroki? Did you guys make a deal or something?" 

Before Gon could respond, Bakugo, who was listening was enraged. "YOU FUCKING CHEATED YOUR WAY TO FIRST PLACE?!" 

"What?? No, I didn't! He just told me that he didn't want to fight me and then he forfeited!" Gon tried to reason with him, but bakugo just got more upset. 

"Well yeah?! What about all the other times?! Dunce face forfited against you! Todoroki willingly went to your team in the cavalry battle and now something fishy is going on between you two!" He glared at Todoroki. 

Gon didn't want to out Todoroki about the real reason he forfited, so he looked at him for help. "We didn't make a deal, bakugo, so calm down." 

"Okay, but then what was all that?!" 

"Its none of your concern. I just discussed what my quirk is because he was curious and then I decided to forfeit. Simple." 

"Okay then why was your shoe missing after the cavalry match?" 

"Like 5 people lost a shoe in the chaous, Bakugo. Nothing fishy or weird is going on. Now if you don't mind, Gon and I have to go get our medals." Todoroki said getting up and dragging Gon along with him.

"But they didn't even call us yet!" Gon protests. 

"Stop whining. I saw Cemento's finish repairs, so we will be called any minute now." 

1656 Words

Next update will be between now and 2/12/21

Guess what guys? Its my birthday on Feb 24! I'm gonna be turning 15. Yes, I know, finally an age reveal lmao.  I'm kinda exited for it. I have no idea what to do though not gonna lie. Any ideas on what I should do as a person in the suburbs? We are willing to go somewhere as long as its not crowded. And I know you guys are all over the world, but even if there is no way I can do something like skydive in the Himalayas, it'll be fun to read the comments.