chapter one

"I AM FIFTEEN GOING ON SIXTEEN..."

Mary Rose Spellman. That's her name, right? Yes, Mary Rose is a simple witch with a semi-simple family called "The Spellmans". Their name was quite famous due to her cousin's father who was High Priest of the Church of Night. That caused his daughter, Sabrina Spellman to have somewhat of a reputation.

Well, mostly because she was a half-witch. Her father laid with a mortal woman, Diana. That caused a great uproar for the Church of Night.

Sadly, just months after Sabrina was born her parents died in an airplane crash. Leaving her to be raised by her aunties, Hilda and Zelda. Now enough about Sabrina...

Let's bring your attention to the main character of this story.

-

mary's point of view

My dark baptism was just days away. Was I nervous? Absolutely. But, truly I just wanted to get it done and over with so I can finally attend the Academy of Unseen Arts. Sabrina on the other hand was quite nervous as well.

Since she was half mortal she had a second life outside of the whole spooky witch life. She had mortal friends that she cared about. I was quite anti-social but I didn't steer away from an interesting conversation. Sabrina had to choose between her mortal life, and her witch life. She's told me that she didn't want to leave her mortal life behind and especially Harvey, her boyfriend.

I understood that, even though I didn't have a mortal boyfriend or any boyfriend at all that I would miss after I signed the Book of the Beast I still sympathized over the girl. I was currently marking an 'x' on my calendar on the wall in my vintage styled bedroom. I breathed out slowly, releasing the tension that was in my shoulders.

Another day that is just the same as yesterday.

Suddenly a crash came from my window and I jumped abruptly and my eyes shot towards the small hole that was now in my window just across from my bed. What in the world was that? Greendale was always so darn spooky at tight. The slight cold air from outside slithered it's way in, making me slightly shiver.

My eyes trickled towards the glass pieces on the hardwood floor. I suddenly heard soft fluttering like if a butterfly's wing were hitting a window pane softly. I turned towards the sound to find a black bat squirming around on the floor like one of its wings had broken. Poor creature.

This was an omen, and a bad one at that. But, why was it here, in my room? I've never gotten a bad omen till now, what did this mean?

I grimaced before walking over to a thick spell book that laid on the top of my bed. I grabbed the book before slowly walking over to the creature. I stood in front of it, my hands were slightly shaking. I closed my eyes and held them shut before I reeled back the book.

"Absent omen." I whispered before I slammed down the book onto the bat.

TUESDAY
OCTOBER 28th
OF THIS YEAR

I sat at the dining table designed for five while I sipped on a cup of some cold orange juice. Ambrose and Auntie Zelda sat at the table as well doing their own thing. Hilda stood over a hot stove cooking up some breakfast for us. A beige shoe box sat in front of me that held the dead bat that crashed into my room yesterday night.

I suddenly heard footsteps entering in the kitchen which made my head slightly turn. I watched as Sabrina came into the kitchen with a blue shoe box in her hands and an energetic grin on her lips. She passed by Hilda who grinned at her warmly.