It was quite different from the school parties that are held at Jake's since this night is more of a formal one, fine dining around you, and rich people conversing in their best poise.

Expensive scents everywhere that lets you know you're with high end class.

Despite that, everyone there was approachable and you can speak with them comfortably.

I was able to get to know some high ranking officials of the company. Such as their Human Resource SVP that gave me the opportunity to work for them in the near future.

My dad, as you can see, has been hanging out with them a lot that gave me that opportunity.

Thanks dad!

We were in front of the mirror of the rest room as I ended my gibbering "It was really grand and I met a lot of people, new friends, you know." I thought for a while and added, "I actually met this guy, he is,.. I don't know mysterious."

"Let's hear it out." Grace smirked as she combed her hair using her fingers. I didn't intend to hide this to my friend. Actually, I wanted to tell her about it earlier but she was too busy since first class with some presentations assigned to her.

I eagerly nodded, "Sure, Well, I first saw him near a mini bar but we haven't met or talked that time yet." I grabbed my pressed powder from my bag then continued my long narration, "Then on one part of the evening I went for the washroom and this same guy appeared out of nowhere..."

FLASHBACK (Continuation of the Event)

"Yeah, it is." I uttered.

He stepped closer beside me and mirrored my gesture leaning on the horizontal metal tube.

We stared in the sky together for a sec, then I felt the awkward silence..

"I'm Alexis by the way." I raised my hand from my side and looked at him. "Jackson" He offered his right hand to shake mine. "Nice to meet you." I added with a smile.

His warmth radiated to me, it was comforting. As he released his hand, I suddenly felt cold. He looked back at the stars again, "Well, why are you here? Not enjoying the night?" Jackson asked ignoring my statement earlier.

"It's not that, I just need to go for the washroom and loosen up. And you?" I was still looking at his tanned face and gave him completely my attention. He was leaning on the silver railings and gaze far away from the sea, he kept his quietness.

An awkward silence embraced us and not being able to endure it, I spoke again "My dad works for Tres Records and he's in the marketing department. So, does one of your parents work for them as well?"

He turned to look at me and raised his eyebrow, "Uh, yeah, my dad." And finished it with a half-smile.

Jackson was looking straight into my eyes, and I can't think of something steady until he suddenly faces the deep ocean.

He remained still while we gaze far away the lovely scenery. His silence slash mysteriousness extended far more than I can handle, It was as if he is not a little bit interested in having a talk that's why I had the idea, "Oh, want to go to the front deck and get something to drink? I know something great." He thought for a second. "Don't worry, you'll like it." I cracked then released a chuckle trying to be friendly towards the person.

He half-smiled and exhaled a huff of air he was holding, "Alright." Nodding and turning around to watch me as I started walking.

I went to saunter first towards the front deck, and I can hear his slow even footsteps behind me - following. Why is he so thrifty with words? And why is he so distant? In any case, I've taken the shower and sprayed my favorite Burberry Brit before heading to the venue. However, his footsteps quickened and I saw his physique from my peripheral view beside me. Yeah, that's more like it. I might have blushed, thanks to the hazy colored lights though, no one would ever notice it.