I walked over to Maegan as she dug through the toy bin.

"Listen, little one, I need you to pick two toys that you want to take to the Foundation to play with while I work. Okay?"

"Ok, Gwampa Hane." Maegan has trouble pronouncing the letter S sometimes.

I smiled seeing her steadfast determination to complete this quest. The tip of her tongue poking adorably out of the side of her mouth as she honed her focus. After five minutes of careful deliberation, Maegan chooses a doll, a book, and a small toy guitar.

"I weady, Gwampa," she says sweetly, showing me her choices.

"But I said only two toys, luv, and you have one, two, three," I say, counting them out in front of her as I boop her nose.

"Nah ah," she replies, "two toy, one book," as she points to them.

Hmmm, she's got me on a technicality. Well, when you're right you're right.

"Okay, little miss smarty pants." I laugh and pick her up, swinging her over my shoulder as I pat her bum, listening to her cute little giggle. "I guess we're ready to go then."

At the Foundation

Shane's pov

I entertained Maegan in my office for an hour before she became bored and I became extremely non-productive so I took her over to Neil's office hoping Mrs. Curtis could look after her and thankfully, she readily accepted the challenge.

Six hours later

When I went to Neil's office to pick up Maegan, I was greeted by the most adorable sight. Dr. Curtis was strumming his six-string, softly singing a tune while sitting next to Maegan. He was teaching her how to play as she followed along on her own tiny toy guitar.

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream," Neil sang, as he showed Maegan the proper rhythm in which to pluck the strings.

"Wo, wo, wo yaboat, jentee down deteam," Maegan echoed her version of the lyrics, as she watched Neil intently, trying to mimic his every move.

"I didn't know you played, sir," I said to Neil.

"In another lifetime, Donovan," Neil replied wistfully.

"Gwampa Hane, Gwampa Hane," Maegan ran up to me excitedly, "Papa teach me kattar."

Lifting her into my arms, I smiled and said, "Is that so?"

"Uh huh," Maegan replied, nodding her head. "Can I tay? Pway more, pease?" she asked me pouting, as she stuck her bottom lip out.

"It's may you and I'm afraid not, sweetheart. We have to get back to the Center, your father's going to be there soon to pick you up."

"NO! WANNA TAY!" Maegan yelled, red in the face, arching her back as she tried to maneuver her way out of my arms.

"Maegan Nicole," I said sternly, warning her to stop before she had a full-blown tantrum.

"No! Me tay," Maegan repeated loudly, kicking her feet and shoving against my chest as she tried to wriggle her way out of my grasp.

"That is enough," I said. Setting her down before I dropped her or she kicked me in the crown jewels, I gave her bottom a swat. "We have to go now. I want you to get your doll and your book and say goodbye to Nana and Papa."

Maegan sniffled as she rubbed her bottom and started to cry, but she followed my directive and walked slowly over to her doll, picking it up before searching for her book.

"Can't find book, Gwampa," she whined, as she started to cry harder.

"Your book's right here, luv." Liz rushed over to Maegan with the book as she lifted her into her arms and glared at me for making her baby girl sad.

Neil set his guitar down and walked over to his wife. Liz held Maegan tightly, shushing her and bouncing her gently to calm her down.

Dr. Curtis rubbed Maegan's back as he spoke softly, "I want you to practice at home, darlin', so the next time you come see me, we'll put on a concert for your mom and dad and Grampa Shane and Grampa Michael. Ok?"

Maegan nodded sadly.

"Pwomith," she pouted at Neil.

"Only if you're good for Grampa Shane and listen and do as he tells you. Now, I want you to give me a hug and then apologize to Grampa Shane for not listening. Understand?" Neil spoke authoritatively, yet there was an underlying kindness to his tone.

Maegan nodded so Mrs. Curtis put her down, allowing her to give Neil a hug as he knelt and enveloped her into his open arms.

"I'll see you soon, luv. Now go tell Grampa Shane you're sorry," he said, patting her bum and sending her on her way.

"I torry," Maegan sniffled her sad little apology, as she hung her head, melting my heart. God help us I thought, as I carried her out to the car and buckled her in her car seat, booping her little nose as she looked up at me with her big brown doe eyes. We don't stand a chance. This girl's already got all the men in her life wrapped around her little finger.