Awakening

You were in a room.

It was dark with a checkered floor, there were three seats, the one next to you had a brown haired man in a green tracksuit, who was wildly looking everywhere but you.

As you were getting accustomed to the darkness, a woman wearing a light blue dress that had a very short skirt and... No underwear apparently, walked in front of you.

"Y/N L/N, Satou Kazuma, welcome to my velvet room."

(I am genuinely sorry for your eyes

(I am genuinely sorry for your eyes.)

(Rewind time.)

"Y/N L/N, Satou Kazuma, you have both died. Welcome to the afterlife."

"So, Me and Kazuma died?"

"Yeah, though the ways you guys died were-" The girl cut herself off by laughing.

And laughing.

"So, Kazuma, how did you die? If you don't mind me asking?"

The boy looked to me, and just said, "It's fine, I was hit by a truck pushing a girl out of the path of a truck."

"That doesn't sound to funny, but it is pretty cliché."

The boy looks down a little, "how did you die, then?"

"That is the question, I was asleep last I checked. HEY, Blue person, how did I die?"

The woman, who had finally learned how to breathe, answered, barely y containing her laughter, "You died from sleep deprivation and a heart attack after spending multiple days how to dance."

'Yup, sounds like me', "Oh, well. That's pretty cool I guess."

Now that I thought about it, I could remember the dance perfectly, so if we go to heaven, or hell, or whatever, I could at least bust a move.

"So, what happens now?" Kazuma asked

The blue haired girl, still introduced, replied shortly, "Are you sure we want to skip past your death, I need another laugh!"

"OI, what's funny about getting hit by a car!"

"No, you misunderstood, you didn't get hit by the car, you died of shock, because you thought you got hit by the car." The girl burst out with laughter again, falling to her knees, and dieing of laughter.

I felt bad for the guy, but I could not stop the word "shocking" from slipping through my lips, which caused the girls dieing laughter to re-vitalize, and she started laughing even harder.

Kazuma on the other hand looked scandalized, due to the girl continuing on, "Everyone was laughing at how stupidly you died, even your parents when they got to the hospital."

Kazuma at this point was screaming for her to stop, while I just watched with a small smile on my face, his death was hilarious, but I was trying my best not to laugh.

"So," I decided to interrupt, as funny as this was, "What now, Miss...?"

The woman, after calming down from the laugh attack, began to speak, "I, the goddess Aqua, the one who watches over the dead of Japan, am offering you three choices."

"The first option is heaven," The now named Aqua leaned in conspiratorially, and whispered, "But heaven isn't as nice as you mortals make it out to be, there aren't games, movies, and your floating balls of gas, so no sexual activities, just floating around talking to your ancestors."

Me and Kazuma just let out the words, "Pass"

"The second option, is to be reincarnated on Earth, but you lose all your memories."

No memories, no dance, no. "What is the third choice?"

Aqua leans back in, "You boys like games, don't you?" After a nod from me and Kazuma, she continues, "Well, the third is that there is another world, that you can be reincarnated into, but," Light shines from the... Heavens? "The world is currently under the attack of a Demon King, and needs heroes to kill the Demon King!"

'Where is that music coming from?'

"So, if the Demon King is killing everyone, won't we just die?" An excellent and compelling point from Kazuma, if I wasn't dumb enough to want to go to a fantasy world anyway.

"You will be sent with a blessing of your choice, to give you an edge."

She pulls a book from somewhere, probably magic, which... 'Holy shit, I might learn magic!'

"Does what we have to choose need to be in that book?"

Aqua immediately replied, "No, it can be anything you want, the only rule we have is that you can't bring something called a Death Note, the death gods get mad when we give those away."

"Right... I already know what I want! I want the powers of the Persona 5 protagonist during his endgame battle, with all confidancies maxed!"

Aqua just say for a while and munched on her chips, "All right, when you get up there, just remember, If you kill the Demon King, you will get one wish granted, and if you want to journey with Kazuma, you might want to stay in the same as you get put, so you won't have to search for him later, it shouldn't take too long for him to get ready."

"Thank you Aqua, I'll send a prayer, if that does help a god, I guess."

As a bright light surrounded me and I started floating upwards, just one phrase was on my lips

"It's showtime."