Thoughts of what he could possibly be doing right now ran through my head. We still hadn't kissed due to my punishment and it felt like weeks at this point. I wanted him and when it came to him the ache never left until he made it. My hand slid across the bed to grab my phone. I called him in under a second only for him to send me straight to voicemail.

This happened about three times and just when I was going to give up he called me. The fact that he didn't pick up plus the fact that he's been so distant worried me. It worried me a ton especially knowing him the way I do.

"Sorry..." he trailed off, "..little busy, did you need something?"

My heart ached a little at his dismissive tone, "No." I managed a reply, tightening my grip on the phone and hoping he wouldn't make me hang up, "I-I just wanted to talk to you..." I mumbled the last bit feeling slightly foolish.

"Talk to me then love." I closed my eyes at the term of endearment, my whole body feeling a sense of relief at his affection.

Maybe he was stressed about the ball too.

"I thought you were busy." I reminded him and he was silent for a second.

"You're right." his response furthered my worry, "But.." he lowered his tone, "I want to talk to you too."

"I miss you." I blurted out, glancing to Max who was staring at the phone with interest.

"Yeah?" he questioned.

I almost nodded before I remembered he was on the phone, "Of course."

It was silent for a moment again before he spoke up, "Do you remember our first date?" he asked and I smiled at the instant memories hitting me.

"I couldn't forget it." I answered, "Why are you asking?" It made me curious as to what he could possibly be thinking about.

"How about the promise I made to you?" his tone had an underlining emotion in it that I couldn't quite pick up on.

"I promise you now until then, my love."

I reached out to pet Max's head while I replied, "Yes I remember it all."

After I had answered another wave of silence hit us once again. I couldn't say it was awful but, it definitely wasn't one of our silences that I liked.

"Do you ever think about then?" I tensed up at his question, halting my hand against Max.

"Then?" I repeated, hoping he didn't mean what I thought he meant as I began to stand up from my bed.

He cleared his throat, "Yeah then.."

He did mean that, he meant then as in when we part ways, "No." I answered honestly, I never think about it but, my heart was in pieces thinking that he might, "Do you?"

It took him a second to reply and in that second I felt my heart break, "Liam." I gripped the phone in my hand as I ran my other nervously through my hair.

"No baby, of course not." I shook my head at the relief I felt but, the insecurity that was left.

What if he did?

I swallowed before answering, "Good." I tried to keep my voice the same as before, "I think that I'll let you go now since you're busy and I have some stuff to figure out for tomorrow..." I trailed off.