•Bloodshed Pt. 2•

Hiro

My eyes grew considerably wider at his command, but I pushed away my shock in time for the first wave of hopeful bandits.

The first man was undoubtedly the bravest, launching at me in a clumsy stance. With little effort, I met him halfway with a punch to his chest, stopping his heart.

Akako bit into the leg of the next bandit, causing him to scream in pain. With deadly precision, I threw the kunai into his open mouth. The blade went directly through the back of his throat and into the head of the person behind him.

Two people ran past the lifeless bodies of their comrades. They raised their poorly-made daggers in an attempt at a joint downward slash, but it was easily avoided with a step to the right.

I grabbed the closest bandits arm just after he struck, using the momentum to rotate his arm like a windmill. The bone in his shoulder shattered, causing the blade to fall from his hand. Right before the blade hit the ground, I grabbed it and pushed far into his back. Akako had took the other bandit out at the same time I did, biting a huge chunk out of his throat.

The bandits kept charging us in groups ranging from two to five. Similar to the mythical Hydra, as soon as we would finish with one group another was already taking their place. Akako and I quickly began to tire out, but neither of us could afford to lower our guard.

I ducked underneath a swipe from behind, the bandit nearly decapitating the one in front of me. I punched the guy in the groin, causing him to double over just in time to take the brunt of the overhead slash from the guy behind me.

The now-dead bandits body fell on top of mine. Using him once again, I stood up, flipping him back onto the other bandit. He fell to the ground with a huff as the weight of his comrade landed on him.

I went to send the kunai straight through his skull, but a sudden doggish whimper caught my attention. My eyes widened, and my body quickly jumped into action.

I blindly rushed over to Akako, kicking away one of the three guys standing over her. Just as I was about to charge the other two, I was snatched back harshly by the back of my shirt.

I struggled to breath as the fabric dug into my neck. I was forced to my knees with two bandits holding my arms and another practically choking me with my shirt.

"Ah, about time," the stranger from before said, walking up to me. I ignored him, keeping my eyes on Akako and the men holding her down while trying my hardest to get free.

My muscles strained against my enemies hands, but the fight had taken a lot out of me. The man holding my shirt yanked once, eliciting from me a cry of pain.

"If I had known this was all it took, a lot more of my men would still be alive," the man said. He drew his katana, the setting sun catching the blade in a golden glow.

He crouched in front of me, obstructing my view of Akako. I growled, leaning forward and snapping my teeth in an attempt to bite him. The man behind me struggled to restrain me, only getting me to stop by placing a foot on my back.

"Oh, the irony," the man chuckled, a crazed glint in his eyes. "You're like a dog on a leash."

"L-let me go ... Y-you bi- AH!"

Before I could finish my sentence, the man had his katana buried halfway in my gut. I tried to double over, but the grip on my shirt didn't allow me. I cried out in pain, the tears pooling in my eyes now falling without constraint.