"nothin would've happened if i just listened, but if it wasn't me it was gonna be tootie and i'd rather myself than her." i said and looked out the window.

"you did make that decision, but what would've if they didn't warn you? what would've happened if you did die troy? hmm?" i shook my head.

"those what ifs didn't happened so you can't think like that because what happened already happened and it was my fault that i got shot. yes, i could've broken everything off with him but i didn't because i care about him and whatever we go through we get through. it's as plain as day and there's no tellin what she would've done even if we broke it off."

"she could've still held some sort of animosity towards me, i put myself on the line when i befriended them so this ain't nothin new." i shrugged my shoulders trying to brush it off.

"anything could've happened is all i'm sayin and this is the third time we been down this road and you ain't even eighteen yet. so the question is when you gonna learn? when are you gonna learn that puttin yourself in these situations bite you in the ass before anybody else." she said and i chewed on my bottom lip.

"i can't see you in a casket troy, i can't and i'm not saying they're bad people like the last but this isn't what i meant when i said give people another chance. you gotta stop making the same mistake and hurtin yourself."

"i love hard and i can't help it, but i hear you. i understand where you comin from. don't you think i'm tired? and do you think i wanna be six feet under? all these scars and i'm still hurtin at the end of the day."

"it's a lot ta carry on my back but i do it out of love because they need me just as much as i need them. i finally found a group of people that i could call my second family and if makin more mistakes means i'll hurt some more then so be it because they'll be there to clean each wound and make it better just as i do for them."

the rest of the ride to my house was silent, we didn't say anything. i could see why she was hurt and why she said what she said but mistakes are apart of growing and i've gotta figure my own way out. i can't be fed by a silver spoon so i've gotta be self made.

they always say what doesn't kill makes you stronger, and they're exactly right.
- - -

𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬| 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐚 |

𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬
| 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐚 |

"who the fuck?" i checked the cameras on my phone and saw troy standing at the door.

i got up from the couch and made my way to the door opening it.

"i thought whit was home, i can come back later." she said and went to walk away.