Chapter Fifty-Three

Start from the beginning

"You said you're trying, and I'm trying, too," I choked out, and his eyes widened a little bit when he heard my shaky voice. He locked his gaze with mine again. "I'm not fucking delusional. I'm trying to move forward with my goddamn life. And I thought that you understood that."

"What's your point?" He asked, and I paused, looking over his face. A tiny ping of sadness squeezed my heart.

"Maybe we should just try our own ways for a while and see what happens," I spoke, and his confused expression fell.

"What?"

"Maybe we should just take a break. I think it might be good for us," I used the excuse, trying to convince myself as I said it. He looked frozen.

"Fine then." He muttered.

"Cool." I replied.

"Great."

"Rather superb."

"See you around then." He looked between me and the door.

"Unlikely," I snarked and turned on my heels, grabbing my phone and a few clothes before stomping out of the guest house and to the main one. I startled Scarlett when I opened the door to her room, and saw that Eli was in bed with her and that they were.. well.. you know.. so I cringed and shut the door quickly.

Not wanting to risk it with Vanah and Justin #1, I made my way to the room Kevin was in. When I got there, I hopped onto the side of the bed that Eli was supposed to have been on, and Kevin jumped a foot in the air, yelping but then realizing that it was just me.

"Are you a sleep paralysis demon or are you just a pissed off Crystal? Because I'd honestly take the first over the second," he greeted me, and I glared at him for the comment.

"Your friend is a giant pain in the ass," I informed him.

"All of my friends are, you'll need to be a bit more specific," he replied, falling back down onto his pillow. "Whatever, I'm sure Ashton's inside his bed right now wishing he was inside you instead, so give him a day or two and he'll turn up. For now, just please don't wake me up tonight, I thought I was going to have a peaceful night's sleep with having the room to myself," he added sleepily.

"Why would I wake you up?"

"I'm a sleep cuddler- Eli usually slaps me awake but I'd appreciate it if you just let it happen and let me sleep, thank you," he explained, and despite my remaining irritation, I chuckled a little.

"Sure thing, Kev." I said. Of course he was a sleep cuddler. That didn't surprise me in the slightest.

"Night Crys."

"Night."

I didn't sleep very well that night.

Our little "break" only lasted five days, but they were five very long and painful days filled with endless awkward stares between us from the rest of our group and stubborn stand-offs shared by the two of us.

I'd say we were both very mature for our age... but most definitely not during those five days.

On the last day of our trip, and after trying to put up with Kevin's relentless sleep-cuddling for the last time, I carefully pried his arm off of me to not wake him up and left the room. Ashton and I had been practically going out of our way to be distant from one another, only voluntarily around each other during our group meals and the time we all spent at the beach together.