Chapter 18: Fucking Reporters

Start from the beginning

~

"What are you doing here boy?!"
We saw how Todoroki, the class rep, a pro hero who had Deku on his back and the Hero Killer come out from an ally way. More like the Hero Killer got dragged by them. He was tied up.

The hero, which name I don't know, shot himself with his quirk to Deku and hit him on his head with his foot. Weird...

For a second I thought he was his grandpa.

"Who's this?" Todoroki asked.

"Gran Torino, the pro hero I am interning with. How did you find us?" Deku turned his head to the old hero, confused.

"I was told to come here by someone else." He answered, pissed. "I don't know what's going on, but I am glad that you are not dead at least." How heart warming....

I feel like puking.

"Mavis, why are you here?" Blueberry asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Endeavor wanted me to." The hair on m neck pricked up and I looked around slightly with my eyes. Someone is watching me. Or us. For the greater good it should be us, and not me. If it is someone I know then I would have to get out of here before getting the kids involved in this.

Some heroes rushed over to us, and I wished I could ease back again, but it does not feel like it was them that watched us.

"Children?"

"Those injuries look bad. I'll call an ambulance right away."

"Huh? Hey look!"

"Is that the Hero Killer?!"

"I'll get the police on the line."

The heroes were talking to my classmates while I was looking for the ones that were staring at me. It was bugging me like shit. When I looked slowly up to a building, I could see two silhouettes, standing on the roof of the building. It is hard to see that far, so I was about to get myself up there with my quirk when a fucking flying Nomu flew past me, snatched Deku, and flew away with him.

II wanted to freeze him so I stretched my hand out, but before I could the Hero Killer freed himself and attacked the Nomu himself. I am so confused that I don't know whom to side with here. I just left it to the other heroes and used the opportunity that no one was watching me to shoot myself up and to the building.

"Mavis! Where are you going?" I heard Todoroki call out to me, but I ignored it. I even put in the effort to go from the back of the building to land behind the 2 people.
I landed softly on the roof and squinted my eyes to see through the dark.

"Why did he kill him?!" One of them was angry and annoyed, scratching himself over and over again at one spot. I internally cringed when I pictured how it would feel to scratch myself at the same spot that long.

"You..." It was the man with that dry skin and the other one that can teleport others, such as himself from the attack.

They turned around and the guy who clearly needs some lotion muttered to himself.
"Looks like we have kid here with better senses..."

"I think it's time for us to go." The portal man said, retreating back a bit.

I raised my hand and stopped their bodies from moving. Focusing on the water molecules in their body. All of a sudden a blinding light came from the side which made me squint my eyes shut. I was so long outside in the dark, that it hurt my eyes and made my head pound. I didn't even realize that I let them go before it was too late.

They used the opportunity to slip into a portal.

I opened my mouth automatically, making a move to run after them. But the portal closed immediately. For a second, I just stood there, listening to the helicopter behind me.

1

2

3

4

5

I pursed my lips and turned around slowly, trying to push back the rage that I felt inside of me. How come I am so useless as of lately?

"Fucking shit." I mumbled, looking up to the reporters in the helicopter. "These fucking reporters!" They smiled at me nervously behind all their gear.

1299 words