Her wound opened every time she was overcome by hatred. A man beating his wife, a woman mistreating her children, a young offender committing his first crime... All this hurt Lauren Jauregui, who said with indifference that the pain distracted her.

Camila knew she was not well. She knew she needed help, even if she refused to receive it, but she also knew she couldn't pressure her.

If Camila frustrated her, she would leave, and she didn't want to imagine what would happen to her wounds if Camila left her alone.

"My parents came to visit me" Lauren began to speak, and her words came out so quickly from her lips that the tattoo artist struggled to understand them "I was masturbating when they got there, and don't look at me like that, you do too. I went out in my underwear because I was born naked, but, seeing me, my parents sensed that I was with a girl... They ran to my room. They wanted to know if that supposed girl was okay, because they think I'm a bad influence."

Camila tried not to laugh with the story, and wondered with a smile on her face how she'd been able to fall in love with that madwoman.

"A bad influence?"

"Do you remember the sinful nun?" The tattoo artist nodded. "Maybe I was to blame."

Camila smiled at her confession. Lauren was amazing.

"Was there a girl there?" Camila asked as she raised one of her eyebrows.

"No" Lauren quickly refused "... don't be mad, but they found your nude and a couple of drawings I made of you with the help of my imagination."

"Do you masturbate with my drawings?"

"Don't judge me, please. I just really like you" Lauren looked adorable when she said it, so Camila wasn't going to complain "They asked me who you were, so I told them the truth so that they would go" Lauren spoke fast, as if this way she could speed up the time "I was so close..." She murmured as she bit her lip.

"Focus, Lauren!

"All right, sorry" Lauren apologized while taking a big breath of air "... My parents want to meet you. You know, you are my first serious relationship" She informed Camila quickly. Her hands moved abruptly to their sides, clear sign of frustration "Please, Camz, I really need to get this over with."

And Camila knew what she meant by "this".

"Okay. I'll go" She agreed "... But first you'll use the bathroom. I don't want your horniness to cause an accident on the track."

***

They arrived at Lauren's apartment shortly after.

All the way there Camila hadn't given herself the opportunity to feel fear, but as soon as they arrived at the door of the place her hands began to sweat.

What if she wasn't what they expected? What if she was too small? Too thin? Too smiling? Too Camila?

"Everything is fine" Lauren assured when holding her hand "I would never date a girl less incredible than me, so that says a lot about you."

"Do you think I'm amazing?" There was gleam in his eyes.

"I wouldn't introduce you to my parents if you weren't."

And with a tender kiss, Camila allowed herself to believe it.

When they entered the apartment holding hands, Lauren's parents were already in front of the door, inspecting the couple carefully.

"Mom, Dad, this is my..."

"You have a lovely girlfriend, Lauren!" Her mother exclaimed happily. She came over to kiss her cheeks and shake her hand, which surprised her. "I'm Clara, Lauren's mother."