"Is it about the video or party or our most recent fight?"

"Yes"

"Then no... We just agreed not to talk about it"

"Alright" she answers, but I know she won't stop thinking about whatever it is she's thinking about till we talk about it.

"What happened Az? What do you want to know?" I sigh frustratedly

"Did... Have you and Bryana spoken ever since the party?"

Jesus Christ

"She's texted me but I haven't replied"

"When?"

"The day after the party, the day you told me about everything... and yesterday"

"Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"Because I knew it wasn't going to help you or us in any way"

"Still you should have told me about it. I thought we had agreed to tell eachother everything from now on" she calls me out and I close my eyes regrettably

"We did babe... I'm sorry." I say and we go quiet again.

The silence is loud.

"Can we act like you didn't see that video? It's all over now and I already told Bryana that it can't work between she and I because I am with you and I love you very much"

"Alright. I deleted and blocked Kenfack and Jaff's numbers."

"Good" I breathe "please let's not let this cause the slightest tension between us."

"Alright Zacchy"

"Is there anything concerning the whole situation that you want to talk about? If yes, bring it up now so we know that we will never have to go back again."

"There's nothing"

"You sure?"

"Yes"

"Good" I breathe

"I love you Zacchy"

"I love you too babe, so much." I remind her

"I think I want to go to sleep now" she whispers

"Alright"

"G'night"

"Good night Az"

Bryan and his flare nostrils, how dare he send that to Az? Infact, that doesn't matter anymore.  What matters is that dinner tomorrow, or rather... today. What wine can I really get for that old man?

When I change into my pajamas and get on my bed, I head to my gallery and look through pictures of me and Az. Seeing her smile makes me calm on the inside, it warms my heart. I swipe and swipe till I arrive at our pictures from Foumban.

Hold on...

I zoom a picture and Az had a bottle of palm wine in her hand. Could this be what her grandfather wants; not expensive, not found on the bar...

Bingo!

All I need now is to find out a place where good palm wine is sold.

...

By 4:46pm, I'm already at Az's place. I knock on the gate, dressed in a white button up shirt, blue black dress pants, black mocassins and a paper containing three bottles of one litre each full of the best palm wine I could find. Kebufe opens the gate and I greet him before walking in.

True to Az's grandfather's words, there's a blue plastic plate waiting at the doorpost for me. I smile and step over it before getting in.

"Good evening" I smile at the house keeper