Chapter 2 - Hunter Exam (2)

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" #99 asked, head tilting.

"Why are you using a skateboard? That's cheating!"

"Why?"

"Why... This is an endurance test!"

"No it's not, Satotz-san just said to follow him," Gon said, joining in on the conversation.

"Whose side are you on?!" Leorio looks at Gon and he shrugs.

The white haired kid stares at Gon, skating next to him. "Hey, how old are you?"

"I'm twelve years old." 'Same age as me.' Looking at Gon, the white haired kid seemed to make a decision as he jumped off his skateboard and started running with them. "Oooh! That was cool!"

"I'm Killua."

"I'm Gon!"

After a while of running, Leorio seems to slow down and come to a complete stop, panting. Fuyu sends him a glance, but continues to run ahead as Gon stops and waits for him. Leorio shouts, saying he was going to become a hunter and runs past everyone. Fuyu blinks, shocked at the sudden speed. Gon picks up Leorio's suitcase with his fishing rod and Killua seems to be impressed. She continued to run with the group, running with the two kids.

In the distance, Fuyu sees stairs going upward. "Want to race?" Killua suddenly asks and Gon nods, wanting to join in.

He turns to Fuyu. "What about you Karugari-san?" Gon asks her and Killua looks at her. 'How can he wear that and not get hot? Who is he anyways? He gives me the chills.' Killia's eyes narrow as he observes her.

Fuyu shakes her head. "I'll pass... Have fun." Gon pouts before he sends her a smile and the two start to race ahead, Fuyu running behind them as they avoid all the collapsing participants.

"Catch you later, old man," Killua says as they start to run past Kurapika and Leorio who were missing some clothes.

Leorio shouts. "I'm not old! I'm a teenager just like you guys!"

For a moment, everyone froze in place before giving shouts of disbelief. Fuyu also froze (A/N: Hah get it? Froze - cuz she can use ice and stuff- I'm sorry I'll repent), stunned with shock and under her hood she had a confused face. 'How...? Impossible... I can't believe that.'

Gon and Killua continued to run ahead, Fuyu following them at a steady pace as they passed the others. Running in front of everyone, Gon suddenly asks, "Hey, why do you want to become a Hunter?"

"Who me? I never said anything about wanting to be a Hunter. I just heard the exam was pretty hard and wanted to try it since it seemed fun. What about you two?" Killua responds.

"My dad is a Hunter! My goal is to become a Hunter like him!" Gon explains.

"Your father, what kind of Hunter is he?"

"I don't know!" Gon exclaims and Fuyu deadpans while Killua looks at him weirdly before laughing out loud. "Aunt Mito always took care of me, I've only seen my father in photos. So, I wanted to become a Hunter like my dad! What about you Karugari-san?"

Fuyu stares at the two, thinking of a way to word her response without giving up too much information. "I want to get information and I heard getting a Hunter license gives you access to their large database." 'I need information on how to get home, this is the best option as of now.'

Killua hums. "I see."

Right after that, the three see a light ahead of them and Gon and Killua rush off, knowing the tunnel is ending. Right as Satotz turns to see how many participants have made it to the end of the tunnel, two blurs pass him simultaneously. "Goal!" they both screamed in unison.