"What'd she have to say?" Kenny asked, annoyed, as they walked to the truck.

"Well, we didn't talk about you."

"Really?"

"Really, Dad."

Kenny stopped and turned when they heard footsteps and out came Clem. "What happened...it's over. But AJ needs us now. We gotta stick together in this thing, all right?" he said, and she gave a slight nod. "Come on, let's see if the truck's gonna go."

"You feelin' better?" Kenny asked Clem as she came up beside them, nodding. "Atta girl," he said, handing Kass the keys to the truck and opening the hood. She went to the driver's side of the truck and opened the door.

"My Daddy always had a half dozen wrecks he was fixin' up. He was a mean son of a bitch. But he taught me respect. Girl like Jane could learn a thing or two about that," Kenny explained as Kass sat in the driver's seat. 

"Yeah, I remember. Grandpa was kind of an ass," Kassidy laughed.

"I like her. Just give her some time," Clem said to him about Jane.

"Maybe you're right. Hell, I didn't know what to make of Lee at first. Course, he helped me and mine more times than I can remember," Kenny said as he worked on the truck. 

"Jane helped us back on the road," Clem reminded him.

"All right, give it a turn," he said as Kass grabbed the key and turned it, but nothing happened. "We're so close, girls. With a little bit of luck I can get this thing runnin', and then we can get out on the road and really make some distance. Wellington's gotta be out there," Kenny explained. 

"Sounds good to me," Kass said and Clem nodded in agreement. 

"We're gonna make it, kids. I know it," he said as he continued the work on the truck. "All right, turn it again," Kenny called out and Kass turned the key, but again, nothing. "Did you turn it?" he asked.

"Yeah," she answered and he kicked the truck in frustration. 

"Dammit!!" Kenny exclaimed in anger then turned away.

"We'll get it working," Clem assured him. 

"We gotta get movin' if we're gonna keep AJ alive. We're runnin' outta time. I gotta get this thing to start," he said as he turned back to look at the truck. "Gonna try warmin' up the battery. Go inside. I don't like leavin' him with that girl." 

Kass got out of the truck and shut the door. She gave a sad look toward him, her and Clem heading inside.

They got to the back door where they saw Bonnie sitting on the top step, smoking a cigarette. She looked over at them and held her cigarette out. "Want one?" she asked. 

"No, thanks...." Clem answered as Kass shook her head. 

Bonnie smiled at them, "Do you remember when you saw me first? Back at the lodge? "Check her for weapons" I liked you two from the start."

She took a puff of her cigarette, asking, "You ever done somethin' you regret? Even if it's somethin' you knew you had to do?"

"I try not to have any regrets," Clem replied as Kass shrugged. 

"Sometimes."

"I wish I could manage that," Bonnie said. "You know...I'll say one thing about Luke. Now matter where you end up, there's always one bad seed rockin' the boat. But I don't think he woulda ever been that guy." She took another drag. "Lemme ask you two somethin'. When's the last time anyone did what you wanted?" She asked. 

"I don't really know what I want," Clem answered after a moment of thought. 

"Maybe you two oughta start thinkin' about it. You know, I've been all over. Run with a lot people. A lotta men. And listened to a lotta promises. Ain't one of 'em come true. I'm startin' to think there might be another way, you know?" She said and stood up, putting out her cigarette. "I'm gonna go take a piss."