The Warrior's Imprisonment

--Hurley's POV--

We had arrived at the citadel. The army had not been required to struggle much due to our sadness at Nincaro's death.

Upon our entrance to the western wing through a smaller door shoved away in some corner of the outside, we were forcefully shoved in.

As soon as we had entered, a bunch of necromancers ran over. They grabbed each of us, with little to no protest, and dragged us away.

When I reached my destination, they wrapped four chains around each of my limbs and tied the other ends to a socket on the wall.

After a bit of shifting my bonds, they turned on some form of machine and left the room. That was when the sweating started.

I started sweating and shaking increasingly over the next few minutes. I looked in a mirror nearby and saw that my skin was starting to go from its normal dark grey to a sickly green.

Next time one of the necromancers came by, I looked straight in to his eyes ands said "I WILL get out of here. It is inevitable." He turned a dial on the machine and I spat in his face.

He wiped the spit off his face and walked toward me. "You will learn to respect us, dwarf, or I will personally cut out your tongue." he said with a sneer.

The necromancer left the room and I was suddenly shaking with pain. Whatever that change to the machine had done, it was an incredibly effective torture.

Only after I screamed a few times did one of the other necrmancers come in and switch the dial off. She switched the dial off and called it the one who was there before.

"We need to earn his respect through trust, not trorture!" she shouted at him. "If we put him through too much pain, he might just lose his mind and feel nothing for us."

She then grabbed the other necromancers by the arm and tossed him out the door. She approached me.

When she pulled down the hood of her necromancers robe, I saw that she was an ever-so-slightly attractive human woman.

"I am not like the others here." she said in a soothing voice. "I do not seek to harm anyone else. I have had enough of their torturing of others."

"Then get me out of here." I whispered like it was obvious. She blinked a few times and then replied with "it is not that simple, but I will get you free inevitably. For now, I will supply you with food and medicine while making sure that the others don't kill you."

While standing there with me, she didn't hear the others struggling.