The Best Couple Ever?

Kingston's POV: 

"Hey, guys." Lily and I paused just as we were about to go into a lift. Emily had booked both Studio-A and Studio-1 for the duets to practice. We assumed Piper and Finn were a little late, but we didn't need them to rehearse and began working on our duet. Lily didn't look too happy to see Finn and neither was I. So far, we had bought him four, maybe five, drinks. We didn't need a reason to add another one to the tally. 

"Hi, Finn," Lily snapped. 

"Aren't you rehearsing with Piper?" I asked. It wasn't like her to be the last person to show to rehearsal. No matter how early everyone else was, she would still be first. 

"Piper is actually busy with a family thing." He said monotonously, scrolling. There was a moment of silence before Lily broke the ice. 

"So, what are you doing here?" 

Finn finally came back to Earth. "I'm watching you guys." It was weird. I mean, sure, we're dancing, but he said it as though he was babysitting two children. 

"Making sure you two don't argue," he clarified. "You argue best when you dance?" 

"No," I said. "We dance best when we argue." There was a clear difference. 

"Same difference," he said. Brushing off my comment, he went back to scrolling through his phone. I didn't see the point of him driving all the way to the studio, but that was just Finn for you. I guess. 

***

"Sorry, guys I need to head out," Finn said. 

"Don't be sorry." Lily and I said in unison before laughing a little. It had been half an hour of dull and cautious rehearsal. It was like Finn was breathing down our necks. 

"Glad to see him gone," Lily said before bending into a scorpion we would later choreograph into the routine. 

"I know right," I agreed. 

"He needs to find a new hobby. Dance isn't enough for him?" 

"But it's lowkey working." 

"Working?" She asked, falling out of her hold. I paused, careful to not tread on my words. 

"I mean, it's been one and a half weeks since we bought him that drink." 

"True," she reluctantly agreed. I paused and realized that Finn had actually helped. Finn had actually helped. 

Lily looked at me as though she was thinking the same idea. Freaked out by the idea that a stupid bet had cured all the "problems" in our relationship, I grabbed my phone off the bench and signalled that I was about to play our track. The music began to play and peacefully went through our choreo. Maybe the bet wasn't such a bad idea and those five drinks actually resulted in something.