39: forbidden desire

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

"So you are telling me that Scott Andrews took you to a goddamn waterfall yesterday?" Emma's smile is devilish as she waits for my response, and I almost regret at the same time telling her what happened. 

I nod, a simple and discreet gesture, but my friend can't help herself and grins widely at me.

"And you guys didn't have sex?" Her question catches me out of guard and I almost spill in the cafeteria table the orange juice I'm drinking. She laughs loud and clear, and I feel my cheeks burning in flames. 

A few of our classmates stare at us, deep inside I hope that they didn't hear what my friend said and I put a facade by blowing them a kiss, giving exactly what they expect from Alison fucking Lawrence. 

"I'm telling you, Ems. Yes, we stayed in our underwear but nothing happened down there," she eyes me from up and down, and as much as I'm annoyed by her loud speech, I can't help but smile as flashbacks from yesterday fill my mind. 

We had left my dad's house in a hurry, tears already dry on my cheeks, and all I can remember is waking up in the car when we stopped, but this time the sound of water flushing was filling my ears. 

I looked in disbelief at the boy next to me who had a cocky smirk all over his lips and he lost no time in taking me out, heading us directly to the noise. 

In front of me stood the most stunning natural wonder I've ever seen. The waterfall fell in cascades down the hills covered with little flowers and mosses, and the sunlight hitting it formed a delicate rainbow. The bliss-pool at the bottom was vanishing clear and the water aquarium blue. 

It was perfect. 

I didn't care about my outfit or that I would be soaked, no. All I wanted was to enjoy the moment with Scott, and it was the best time of my life. 

His lips on my wet skin. 

My hands on his broad shoulders. 

The warm water flowing around us. 

"Hello? Bestie?" Emma's high-pitched voice brings me back to reality immediately and I find myself sitting in the cafeteria for lunch again, without a particular boy next to me. 

We are at a table outside, the chilly wind hitting us, where my friend, who doesn't go to my school, can perfectly sit down for a few minutes with no one looking, making me forget that I have school.

"You were thinking about him, am I right?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me and I throw the leftovers of my carrots on her. A loud laugh escapes my lips as she dodges it, but one still hits her directly in her face.

Ems shows me her middle finger and I blow her a kiss in return. This girl loves me. 

The bell rings at the same minute we finish our little talk and I sigh in response, trying uselessly to prepare myself for another round of classes. I give Emma a tight hug before heading inside, her warm smile being the last thing I see as I head to Chemistry.