"Yes, sir." Ross nodded confidently, trying to muster up more courage as his eyes moved to the attending, "I-I can do it, sir."

Derek stared unconvincingly at Ross for a few moments before the O.R. scrub room door opened quickly, "What the hell happened?" Holly asked with a sigh behind her mask as her eyes landed on Brooks, "W-W-Why is she--"

"Oh, thank, God." Derek chuckled behind his mask as he looked at her, almost wanting to hug her but couldn't or else he'd have to rescrub and time was against him.

"We thought you died." Ross admitted, his face ran pale as if he was staring at a ghost.

"Why?" Holly frowned her brows, looking at the two men.

"She was found at the backup generator." Derek filled in, "We thought you were there, too."

"Oh." Holly cringed, her eyes landing back on Brooks, "I-I was at the library-- no time, Derek," She looked at her mentor, "do you need help?"

"Um, no, Ross and I got it." Derek nodded, taking note of Holly's nonstop beeping pager, "Take care of the patients in the E.R., we're flooding in with more and more cases."

Holly nodded, "All right."

Jackson, cloudy in his thoughts as he paced around the hallway-- a nervous habit he picked up from Holly, accidentally bumped into someone in the middle of a step.

"Ow." A voice complained, making Jackson quickly step back to see if who he thought was in front of him was actually in front of him-- and he was correct, "Jackson," Holly began, eyes glued to his arm,"why the hell aren't you wearing your sling?!" Holly lectured, staring up at her boyfriend, who was in complete shock, "Jack--"

"Holly!" Jackson released a sigh of relief as he wrapped his arms around her, "Oh, my God-- I thought you were dead, or gone, or missing--"

"Mm." Holly hummed, wrapping her arms around him as she tried to hide a smile, "Well, you know, this is payback from yesterday--"

"I swear," Jackson assured, looking into her eyes as he held onto her shoulders, "even more than I did yesterday, I won't do anything like that again." He brushed his thumb over her cheek as he smiled in delight," Where were you?"

"Oh." Holly cringed, "I went to the library because I heard from Webber that the generator possibly wasn't corrected so I wanted a book on wires to fix them before I headed down there... and I fell asleep in a small corner of the room." Holly admitted, her cheeks flushed as Jackson held in a laugh, "My pager beeping woke me up."

Jackson chuckled, leaning into her touch as Holly reached up to wipe away a few stray tears that had fallen from his eyes, "Oh--"

"Kepner!" Torres yelled out, hidden anger in her tone, "Bed 5 and 3 are waiting for a consult, move it!"

"Yeesh." Holly muttered, looking up at Jackson as she placed her hair in a ponytail, "What's her deal?"

"Oh, you don't know." Jackson remembered before clearing his throat, "Arizona cheated."

Holly's jaw dropped, "What?"

Jackson nodded, "With a visitor from last night."

"What?!"

"Kepner!" Callie yelled again, "Move! It!"

"Coming!" Holly assured before looking at Jackson with a smile, "You've got to tell me everything I missed when I come back, okay?" She practically hopped in place as an idea popped into her head, "I think I have left-overs--"

Callie looked back at the happy couple, "Kepner!"

"Sorry!" Holly shouted back before quickly placing a kiss on Jackson's lips and rushing off to help her patients, leaving Jackson with a fast, "I love you." 

And Jackson chuckled, almost playing back the fast moment in his mind as he watched her begin her consult and whispered, "I love you, too."

✧✧✧

some of y'all wanted to know what Mark wrote Holly so here you go: 

Dear Red,

If you're reading this letter, it most likely means I'm gone or can't deal with Avery staring at you from across the hall anymore. Wake up and realize that the boy loves you and you love him-- if there's any lesson to come out of Lexie and I's relationship, it's that you should tell the people you love them before they're gone. So go, even if you're not together, even if he's in another state or if you stay in Ohio-- go tell him you love him. If you're not together within a year, I'm going to have Callie, Arizona, Meredith, and Derek lock you two in a room together and not let you out until you reveal your love for each other. So, if you don't want that to happen, tell him. We're all rooting for you two and are practically dying in waiting for something to happen.

That being said, Red, you were my favorite intern, resident, and now soon-to-be attending. It's no shock to anyone that I favored you from the second we became friends, and I thank you for all of the memories we share. I'm trying not to be sentimental, but I think it's the surge Dr. Webber's talking about. My hand's cramping from writing so I'm going to most likely add stuff later on. I'll tell Lexie, Nick, and George you said 'Hi.' Now, go make me proud, even though you already do-- and beat Derek at being the best Neurosurgeon in this hospital. I fully expect to see 'Dr. Holly Avery (or Holly Kepner-Avery, your choice) | #1 Neurosurgeon' somewhere in the future.

From your favorite attending since day one,

Mark Everett Sloan

P.S. Tell Sofia about her awesome father. And your children with Avery.

P.P.S. Proof that Jackson's in love with you : he keeps flying to your house in Ohio every Saturday.

P.P.P.S. Just in case I don't see you again, don't blame yourself for not seeing me or else I'm going to haunt you.

P.P.P.S. Dr. Webber's coming back with forms for me to sign, I'm going to give this to Callie to give to you if you haven't realized you're in love with each other. Until next time, Red. 

✧✧✧

OKAY NOW THAT'S OFFICIALLY THE END OF THE CHAPTER! AKJDFHA SOFT JOLLY MOMENTS INDEED-- AND POG CHAMP BIDEN IS OFFICIALLY PRESIDENT AND ALDJKFHAKJ

you do not understand the amount of work and stuff i had to do last week WITH MY ARM DEAD-- it was not a vibing week and i just started vibing today since i finished my work early. WHY ARE THERE TEACHERS ASSIGNING SO MANY THINGS-- I DON'T UNDERSTAND--

anyways, thanks y'all for understanding :} if i ever don't update, it's for a good reason since i kill myself whenever i can't update (and stress myself out too which is why i appreciate y'all not commenting "please update" 's 🥺) and i'll clarify the reason as to why / when i can update next on my profile if i can't :}

BUT ANYWAYS ASJKDFHALSKJDF MARK'S NOTE FOR HOLLY-- AJSDKHF IT'S LITERALLY JUST HIM SHIPPING JOLLY TO THE MAX-- and btw. the reason that he  put a bunch of "P.S"'s is because he kept adding more notes as time went on and in his last one he realizes he's not gonna be able to give it to her-- I'M SAD TIMES SOMEONE PLAY DRIVER'S LICENSE BY OLIVIA RODRIGUEZ 😳 (and in case y'all forgot, nick is the first patient holly lost!)

next two chapters y'all are gonna see steve (INTERN STEVE FROM LEXIE'S YEAR) and holly moments and i-- 🥺 i stan their friendship